Sherlock - TAEGYU

By RIA__NOONA

Kang Taehyun thought that he knew everything about his dormmate, Choi Beomgyu. A cheery-enthusiastic, caring... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Choi Beomgyu
Chapter 2: A 'Peaceful' Day
Chapter 3: Homicide or Suicide?
Chapter 5: Unveil Killer
Chapter 6: Explain
Chapter 7: Teddy Bear
Chapter 8: A Note and A Silhouette
Chapter 9: Obsessed
Chapter 10: Knight In Shining Armor
Chapter 11: Thoughts and A Pillow fight
Chapter 12: And it all goes- BOOM!
Chapter 13: Choi Soobin
Chapter 14: Eslite
Chapter 15: A Fake?
Chapter 16: Friends or not?
Chapter 17: Detective Lessons In An Amusement Park
Chapter 18: Roller Skating with a chance of Pick-locking
Chapter 19: Voices Of the Library
Chapter 20: Mystery Solved!
Chapter 21: Red Lipstick
Chapter 22: Red Lipstick PART II
Chapter 23: Lies For Mi Corazon
Chapter 24: Lo, and Behold!
Chapter 25: May I have this dance, Monsieur?
Chapter 26: Colors of a Russian Roulette
Chapter 27: Let's play a Game
Chapter 28: You're safe, that's what matters
Chapter 29: Kai's Amusement Park Hang-out Demand
Chapter 30: It's A Date? It's A Date!
Chapter 31: I Found Something!
Chapter 32: The Wall That Talks
Chapter 33: Can I hold your hand?
Chapter 34: Labyrinth of Codes
Chapter 35: I LO♥️E U
Chapter 36: Trouble Trouble
Chapter 37: Pandora's Box
Chapter 38: The informant
Chapter 39: Heartbreak
Chapter 40: Heartbreak Part II
Chapter 41: Soojun
Chapter 42: little details, little clues
Chapter 43: what is a name when it is not?
Chapter 44: you can crack it, but not literally
Chapter 45: suspicious?
Chapter 46: A Wall Listens
Chapter 47: CAUGHT. YOU
Chapter 48: Psycho, pyscho hiss, hiss
Chapter 49: Context
Chapter 50: Miss you
Chapter 51: Saturday (let's cuddle)
Chapter 52: An Invitation to a Ball
Chapter 53: Promise Me
Chapter 54: Hotel
Chapter 55: Partners
Chapter 56: Doors
Chapter 57: Literal Escape Rooms
Chapter 58: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.2
Chapter 59: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.3
Chapter 60: Literal Escape Rooms Pt.4
Chapter 61: A painting, and some Thoughts about the 'L' word
Chapter 62: A dance to information
Chapter 63: Golden hour
Chapter 64: Quite Peaceful
Chapter 65: The Bus
Chapter 66: Confusion in its finest
Chapter 67: Kahimanawari (kahit man lang kung maari)
Chapter 68: Talks of Tension and a Book
Chapter 69: Campfire talks Pt.1
Chapter 70: Campfire talks Pt.2
Chapter 71: Processing and Realizations
Chapter 72: Overthinking at its finest
Chapter 73: A (Not so) Simple Conversation
Chapter 74: A little something about jealousy
Chapter 75: Tatlong bilyon ikaw lamang ang aking gusto
Chapter 76: Surprise in Red
Chapter 77: Take a Chance With Me
Chapter 78: Rain, Rain Go Away
Chapter 79: Jung and Huening (Crazy Duo)

Chapter 4: Rooftop and Restrooms

2.7K 177 195
By RIA__NOONA

After an exhausting climb. The two boys were on the floor that was just a couple of stairs from the rooftop. Beomgyu was leading the way, still holding Taehyun's wrist. The younger had many, many questions forming around his head.

'Why is Beomgyu-hyung acting like Sherlock Holmes all of the sudden?'

Lots of why's, how's and et cetera were whirling through his head. Slowly forming a headache.

Then Taehyun collided with the older's back. Making him stumble back a bit, "Why did you stop hyung?" the younger asked.

"I would appreciate it if you stop thinking about my sudden change of attitude Taehyun-ah." Beomgyu replied softly, looking over his shoulder. Staring at Taehyun's eyes.

Okay that sounded a bit harsh to Taehyun. But the younger can fire a much harsher one so it wasn't a big deal.

The blonde was shook, his eyes widen and his jaw dropped. "D-Did you just read my mind?!"

"No, I read your micro-expressions," he answered briefly. Letting go of Taehyun's wrist.

It took a while for the younger to know that they were standing infront of two rest rooms. The left side was for males, while the other side was for females. But, why were they standing infront at the restrooms?

"Uuhh... hyung? Why are we standing infront of the restrooms? I thought we were going to the rooftop?" he questioned.

"Patience sweetcheeks. Just zipper that cherry flavored lips of yours from asking any questions. The suspect is among us, who knows, maybe he or she maybe in the restrooms as we speak. So...." Beomgyu placed his index finger on his lips, whispering a 'shh' smirking as he climbed the stairs again. But Taehyun didn't miss the mischevious glint on the older's eyes.

But wait one second....

'HOW THE HECK DID HE KNOW MY LIPS TASTED LIKE CHERRIES?!' Taehyun shrieked mentaly.

"Hyung what do you mean by my lips tasted like cherries?! Did you taste them?!" Taehyun shouted, chasing the older who was running up the stairs.

Beomgyu, who was now at the door that leads outside. Spinning around, he gave the younger a sly grin. "You have an obssesion with cherries Hyun-ah. I wouldn't be surprised that you bought two pairs of cherry-flavored chapstick when we went to the mall last week."

Taehyun was speechless.

The brunette twisted the doorknob before looking over at Taehyun again. "Oh, and for the record. I don't have to taste your lips to know that they're cherry-flavored. You already look like one Taehyunie," he smirked wolfishly. Pulling the door which revealed the rooftop and went outside. Not even bothering to wait for his 'assistant'.

Heat radiated Taehyun's face at what the older male just said. That stupid smooth talker, always gets him! Every. Freaking. Time!

"Ugh, wait up you smooth-talking prick!" Taehyun huffed, following the older. Pushing the door open, the blinding rays of the sun greeted him. He walked over to the older who was standing infront of a puddle of dried blood and little patches of it lead to the railings of the rooftop.

"The police missed a spot," Taehyun muttered.

"They always do sweetcheeks. That makes them stupid as hell," Beomgyu commented, kneeling on his knee as he placed a hand on the blood stained cemented floor.

"Did you just- insulted the campus police?"

Beomgyu shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not."

'Unbelievable,' Taehyun thought.

"So hyung, can you deduce what the killer did to the poor lady?" the blonde asked, finding Beomgyu's ability quite awesome and cool.

And maybe hot for the record.

"Correction. I can deduce what happen to the lady," Beomgyu stood up.

"If we dig in to your theory of the suspect being someone she knows. Then we narrow the list into some of her friends, judging by Hwang Yeji's appearance. She's a smart and sharp lady, so she won't carelessly 'meet up' with an unknown person that she doesn't know. So there're two possibilities-" Beomgyu held up his index finger, and his middle finger. "It's either someone black-mailed her or someone really close to her asked her to meet up with her."

"And base from the signs we saw in Yeji. The suspect is likely a friend of hers, yet an admirer at the same time." Beomgyu added.

"But why would her friend kill her? I mean, I know this friend of hers is also her admirer. But why would that person go so far to kill the one they like? I-It doesn't make sense. Shouldn't they be happy that, that person is happy with someone else? And move on?" Taehyun questioned. It was a crazy yet stupid reason to commit a murder.

"Well Tae, sometimes some people can't handle rejections. According to them, it takes a long time to heal a broken heart. A few people even go crazy because of it. A very, very, very stupid reason to commit a murder." Beomgyu told the younger. "Anyways, back to the case. We know that the killer is one of her friends, but the question is: what was its motive in doing it?"

Taehyun frowned. "Because that person likes her so much that it didn't want to share her?"

"That's correct but there's still something missing my dear. They did that because there's one big denominator that sums it all: Hwang Yeji's girlfriend, Lee Chaeryoung."

"How did you know her girlfriend's name?" Taehyun asked, brows furrowed.

Beomgyu fished out his phone and waved it lazily at the younger. "The internet can be so useful at times like these. Other than doing research paper."

"But why is Lee Chaeryoung the 'big denominator' that sums it all?"

"And here I thought you were smart, Taehyun-ah." Beomgyu shook his head and dramatically released a sigh.

The younger rolled his eyes. "Well I'm sorry but I don't excel in these kind of stuff, hyung." he scoffed.

"Anyways, Lee Chaeryoung is the whole cause that triggered the suspect to kill Hwang Yeji. And of course, also has a bigger possibility of blaming Chaeryoung-ssi for the murder," Beomgyu said.

"But why would she do that? I mean, if I were the suspect I'd kill the person who stole my crush away from me. Not the person I like, that doesn't fit right," Taehyun frowned, caredsing his chin.

"Simple, they wanted to ruin Lee Chaeryoung's image by pinning the murder on her. From what I saw from Yeji-ssi's account. Her girlfriend was very caring and understanding. In short, girlfriend material. Hence I must add, they must've used Chaeryoung-ssi's number to lure the victim into the rooftop. Which is a perfect place to do such things, especially when all of the student body is in the cafeteria. The victim enters the rooftop, the killer greets her. They sat on that bench-" Beomgyu pointed at the wooden bench two meters away from him. "The killer kissed her, Yeji-ssi pushed away and that's where things got ugly. When the suspect did the deed. They wiped the murder weapon with their clothes, they carried the victim to the edge of the railings and pushed it off the edge. The killer then ran out from the rooftop," Beomgyu demonstrated as he ran back inside the building. Taehyun following suit.

"They ran down the stairs and went directly to the restroom to get rid of any evidence that leads to them. Pinning it on Lee Chaeryoung, the third party who waltz unannounced into their perfect lives. They wanted to taint her image so she could be jailed instead of them so everyone that knew Hwang Yeji would blame her girlfriend for a murder she didn't commit. So basically, this person is hitting two birds with one stone."

"Wow," was all Taehyun could say. He knew his Beomgyu-hyung was smart. The older only needed concentration and Taehyun bets that the brunette could be smarter than his older brother.

The latter gave him a smile. "Now all we need to do is find where the heck they disposed the murder weapon," Taehyun said. Trailing his eyes to the restrooms.

The brunette nodded. "That's right Taehyun-ah. I'll take the male restroom while you take the one with the female."

"Okay hyung," Taehyun uttered but stopped midway. "Wait, WHAT DO YOU MEAN I TAKE THE FEMALE?!" the blonde snapped his head to where Beomgyu was standing but the older wasn't there anymore. Probably in the male restroom.

"Ugh! That stupid chestnut headed moron," Taehyun mumbled as consciously looked around. Making sure no one was there, he doesn't wanna get accused as a pervert.

When he was sure the hall was completely empty, the blonde knows that there were no surveillance cameras around this area, coast clear. Taehyun discretely slipped inside the female restroom. He gently shut the door and locked it, preventing from anyone to enter.

'Oh god. I feel like I've commited a terrible sin,' he thought.

He lifted his head and took a deep breath and went over to the first cubicle. Slowly pushing it open, but the latter found nothing suspicious in there. Then Taehyun went to the second one, still, nothing. Even the third, the fourth and fifth cubicle. Spinning around, the younger then walked over to the sinks. Nothing odd the-

'Wait a minute, what's this?'

Taehyun leaned closer to the third and middle sink. The the edges were white and wet, then his eyes travelled to the faucet. It had an all too familiar strong smell of... blood?

The blonde's breath hitched. His heart was pounding, he was nervous. Could it be that the suspect was a girl? Unconsciously, his eyes trailed to the trash can that was at the edge of the restroom. Taehyun walked over to the trash can, its cover was tilted to the said. It looked like it was removed then placed back again in a hurry.

Taking in a deep breath, Taehyun took the cover off and dipped his hand into the pile of tissuse and what-not. Luckily he was wearing latex gloves, so he wouldn't freak out if he touches something.....

You know what he means.

As he scavanged through the trash can. Taehyun was half-way of giving up when he felt something. And no, it wasn't gross and wet.

But sharp and pointed.

He gulped, he grabbed the unknown object and slowly retracted his hand. It had a bit of weight but it was duable, as Taehyun successfully pulled out the thing from the trash can. And his face paled at what he just discovered.

It was a pockte knife that was dripping and covered with blood.

Taehyun was panicking inside his head, his brain was clouded and didn't know what to do. But his mouth automatically opened and shouted the only name he could think of.

"BEOMGYU-HYUNG!"

Footsteps were heard from the restroom beside him. Soon the blonde male heard strange rattles from doorknob before Taehyun heard the door burst open. Startling the poor blonde which almost resulted him of letting go of the pocket knife. Luckily he didn't.

Taehyun looked over his shoulder and saw Beomgyu at the doorframe. "Hyung how did you-

"Not important, what did you find Taehyun-ah?" the brunette walked over to the latter but Taehyun stood up. Spinning his heels, he came face to face with his hyung and with a shaky hand. He held up the blood-stained pocket knife.

"I-I found this, i-in the trash can," he stammered as he swallowed the lump on his throat.

Beomgyu's lips tugged upwards as he went closer. "So our suspect's a lady. Interesting, here. Put the knife in this zip-lock bag," the latter fished out a transparent zipper bag and gestured Taehyun to put it in there. The younger did as told.

"What else apart from the pocket knife?"

"W-Well, I s-smelled this sink's faucet and it had a blood-like odor," Taehyun replied, pointing at the middle sink.

"Excellent now c'mon. Let's head back to the field, I just received a text from Inspector Sehun. He gathered four of Hwang Yeji-ssi closest friends, including her girlfriend." Beomgyu took off his latex gloves and ran outside the female restroom.

"Yah hyung wait up!" Taehyun quickly took off the gloves which made his palms sweat before chasing after the older.

"Justice doesn't wait Taehyunie, keep that in mind!" Beomgyu shouted from a distance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 579 25
What happens when a new family settles down in the house next to the Kang's? Kang Taehyun, a cheery and a bright-like boy meets Choi Beomgyu, a kid w...
40.6K 5.6K 75
25, February 2023 | kriingkles "I'm sorry, Beomgyu... Let's just break up..." "Why Taehyun? Why!? You're breaking up with me because there's someo...
25.1K 1.2K 47
From trying to get two cast members together, friend issues, celebrity life, past trauma, health issues and crushes, the new trending show in South K...
3.1K 177 29
About a story where a boy named Choi Beomgyu is a very close friend of Kang Taehyun. Beomgyu hasn't realized his own feelings for Taehyun this whole...