Acceptance pt1

"I can't believe we only have one more year left

"I can't believe we only have one more year left.." sighed Alice in disbelief "It feels like it's gone so fast" she frowned sadly

"It does, doesn't it?" said Lily "It's alright.." sighed the red head draping her arms over het two best friends as they boarded the Hogwarts express "We can move in together when we leave...all three of us, just like we promised" smiled Lily excitedly.

"Actually about that..." smiled Eloise, sheepishly rubbing the back of her neck "Sirius might have uh- asked me to move in with him? And I might have said yes..."

Alice and Lily stared at the girl in shock until their faces lit up with a smile "Oh."

"My."

"God"  finished Lily "Next you'll be getting married!" she squealed

"Oh and having babies!-" interrupted Alice making Eloise's eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets. 

"Woah..slow down..we're only seventeen...we haven't even started out NEWTs yet."

"I'm just saying.." shrugged Lily "We all know that you and Sirius are going to marry"

"Definitely" agreed Alice as the girls slipped into an empty compartment making themselves comfortable "would you invite Regulus?" 

"Of course I would, he's my best friend!" exclaimed the girl "Plus he promised me he would be there when I got married-speaking of, I need to go and speak to him- I'll be back" said Eloise smiling tightly as her two friends simply nodded in response. 

Eloise moved swiftly through the halls of the train glancing into various compartments in search of the youngest Black, as she began to move into the Slytherins section of the train she spotted a mop of dark hair resting against a window in an empty compartment. Eloise looked worried for the boy who's face was holding an expression of fear as he clearly stressed about the summer to come. Knocking on the door lightly the glare slid the door open and entered the compartment as Regulus' head turned around to see who was interrupting his thoughts. 

"Oh it's just you" he said sighing in relief making Eloise feign offence 

"Just me?" she gasped "Oh how you wound me Reggie!" 

Regulus chuckled darkly returning his gaze back to the window as the train moved, staring off into the Scottish hills. Eloise frowned sadly at her best friend taking a seat opposite him. "Talk to me Reg" she said taking his hand in hers comfortingly. Regulus sighed as a tear slipped from his eye turning to look at his best friend and the only person in the world he fully trusted.

"I'm so scared El.." he sniffed as his voice cracked "I'm scared and I'm trapped I don't know what to do"

"Reggie, I told you come live with me" she pleaded desperately "It's not too late, not yet"

"It is El you don't understand..he's so powerful..if he ever found out where I was he would hurt you, hurt Sirius..I can't let that happen" he said with sad eyes "I have to do this, I can't lose you..or my brother" he said in a broken voice sorrow in his eyes "When we return to Hogwarts..we won't be allowed to be seen with each other, speak to each other of have any contact at all-"

"Reg-" said Eloise with teary and desperate eyes

"This is potentially the last conversation you and I will ever have-"

"Don't speak like that-" she pleaded but Regulus' stance did not change

"I need you to promise me something El..no matter what happens...no matter what I am forced to do you will never leave me" he begged "Never hate me please"

"I could never" she said "I promise"

"Good." said Regulus before continuing "I need you to know something...I have a feeling that Voldemort has plans..big ones..and I fear of what they could be, he is a force to be reckoned with, he's dangerous so I beg of you..if anything ever happens to me, you'll stay safe"

"Regulus-"

"Please Ellie" Regulus pleaded "I can't lose you" he said holding her in his arms as she writhed in his grip tears in her eyes. 

"Regulus stop it!" she begged as she sobbed hitting his chest arms flailing like a mad woman. "No, no no" she repeated "Don't leave me you promised me-"

"I'm sorry El" he muttered with a tear slipping out of his eye "I have no choice, this may be the last time we speak, or it may not, perhaps one day I shall discover the dark lords plans and I shall ensure that he meets his downfall-"

"Promise me you'll be safe Regulus" begged Eloise with puffy eyes "please" 

Regulus simply looked at her sadly pulling her into a hug. The boy knew what was to come, and he knew this summer would inevitably lead to his untimely death, and Regulus Black knew that his death would be soon. because he wanted to fight for what was right, he wanted to bring the demise of the dark lord one step closer and he knew that this would mean that he would have to die, but he also knew that this meant that Eloise would be able to live. And Regulus Black was prepared to die, ready to accept death with open arms, for her. "I love you" he whispered through teary eyes "You should go"

Eloise nodded hugging him tightly just in case it was the last time she would ever have her best friend in her arms. "I love you" she whispered but it was muffled against his chest and so she pulled away moving toward the compartment door taking one last glance at her best friend as they both held tears in their eyes, and Eloise slid the door open one last time stepping out looking back again until she let go of the door and disappeared down the hall. For good. 

And Regulus slid down the wall of his compartment pulling at the roots of his hair in stress, sorrow and heartbreak reminding himself over and over it was all worth it, because she was safe. For her.

"Reggie I-" Came the voice of Ophelia Gaunt only she found not the boy she left in the compartment but a broken boy who looked as if he had half of his heart ripped away from him. 

"I'm scared" he cried "I'm so scared, I have to take the mark this summer" he explained "And I didn't want her to get hurt, and I don't want you to get hurt so I have to let you go away as well" he sobbed

"Reg what are you talking about?"Ophelia frowned in confusion

"The dark mark" explained the Black "Voldemort's mark, he's so powerful Phelia I don't think you could ever understand- which is why we have to break up, we can't be together anymore, he could hurt you or-"

"I know how powerful he is" sighed Ophelia "I'm the only person to ever beat him a duel"

"You- wait what?"

Ophelia sighed as though she was bracing herself and she looked the sobbing boy in the eyes hesitantly with her hands in her lap as she knelt down beside him "Reggie...I think it's time I tell you who my father is"