365

One year

One year. Fifty two weeks. Three hundred and sixty five days. Eight thousand seven hundred and sixty hours ago. Sirius Black made Eloise Potter his girlfriend. Unfortunately for him around twenty nine days ago, she broke up with him because of something that he was doing over the course of three months. 

Sirius was in his bedroom of Potter Manor eyes trained on the ceiling as his mind continued to swim with thoughts of the Potter girl. Today would have been their one year anniversary and all he could think about was how he lost her. He laid there wallowing in self pity and regret. 

"Oi! Pad...foot" said James coming into the guest bedroom seeing his best mate lying there looking as if he wanted to cry but physically couldn't. James stood there taking in his friends appearance he looked as though he had been crying all night, his eyes were bloodshot and puffy, cheeks red and swollen, his hair was stuck to his forehead and his breaths were ragged. "mate..."

"It would have been a year today  Prongs." croaked the boy.

"oh pads.." said James rushing to his friends side. 

"I know I keep saying it but I fucking miss her. But she's right in front of me, I fucking live with her, but I miss her so much...we're so near yet so far.  And thats what makes it hurt the most, because she's right in front of me but I can't have her and its torture. Its just i've just been so used to having her beside me and us being happy and together, suddenly theres this huge change and it's all different and I just. I hate it."

Karma. James thought, but he didn't dare say it, the boy was a big enough mess as it is. So instead he decided to cheer the boy up. "Well..she's going out today, so she won't be around the house..why don't we go out?" he suggested

"Who's she going out with?" asked Sirius hesitantly scared to know the answer. What if it's a boy? What if she's moving on?

James' eyes went momentarily wide and he had two choices, he could tell the truth or tell a lie. James being James went with the latter. "Just the Alice." he shrugged.

Sirius looked as though he didn't believe him for a moment but eventually accepted the boys answer. "Alright" he sniffed "Where'd you want to go?"

"We could go to Diagon Alley? I heard the quidditch store has the new Nimbus 1700!"

"Alright." agreed the boy "Let me get ready."

Within the hour Sirius was ready to go. The boys left the manor via floo, and they found themselves in the leaky cauldron, dodgy looking witches and wizards perched at the bar. The boys exited the pub and walked into Diagon Alley witches and wizards wrapped up in their thick winter coats trying to keep warm in the busy street. 

They swiftly moved through the crowds of people and found themselves outside the shop they came for, which was conveniently opposite the new cafe that had opened on the street. "We should go in there afterwards" James said gesturing to the cafe.