Time

Once arriving at Kings Cross, the Potter twins and Sirius rushed over to greet Fleamont and Euphemia excited to head home for Christmas

Once arriving at Kings Cross, the Potter twins and Sirius rushed over to greet Fleamont and Euphemia excited to head home for Christmas. But Euphemia couldn't help but notice how quiet her daughter was being and the distance between her and Sirius. This also means that she noticed the longing and sad stares that the boy was sending the girl. Fleamont on the other hand was completely oblivious and kept making jokes about the couple.

As soon as they entered the doors of Potter manor Eloise turned to her mother "I'm gonna go take a shower" she said. But this was an obvious lie because the girl had showered that very morning and Euphemia could smell her mint body wash fresh on her.

"Alright hun" nodded Fleamont as his daughter practically sprinted up the stairs, her mother following quickly behind worried for her daughter.

"She hates me." Sirius muttered sadly only loud enough for James to hear.

"She doesn't hate you." James denied shaking her head "Just give her time."

Meanwhile, Eloise was sat in her room face buried in her pillow sobbing her heart out. Millions of thoughts racing through her mind the most prominent being 'he doesn't love me'. Euphemia was stood outside of the door to her daughters bedroom the sound of her sobs breaking her heart. She unlocked the door seeing her little girl sobbing into her pillow making her heart ache. 

"Oh baby.." she muttered sympathetically rushing over pulling her crying daughter into her chest. "What's wrong?"

"We broke up mum" she cried "and it hurts. Because I love him so much." she said her tears soaking her mothers shirt.

"Oh love- what happened?" 

"He-he-C" she paused momentarily deciding not to tell her the whole truth. "He just stopped loving me." she cried. "and thats not even the worst part!" she sobbed 

"What is hunny?" Euphemia comforted her daughter 

"Our p-patronus' matched" 

"Oh my darling" Euphemia had a feeling that she girl wasn't telling the full truth but decided not to press any further on the matter. "Listen to me." The woman said holding her daughters face in her hands "I don't know what happened or what that boy did or said to make you think that he doesn't love you but I saw the way he was looking at you and whatever it was he regrets it, that boy clearly adores you and you clearly adore him, so what's holding you back?"

"It's not that simple" sniffed Eloise 

"It's as simple as you want it to be."

"No mum it's not.."

"Why isn't it?"

"What's a relationship without trust?" 

Euphemia sat calculating her daughters words putting the pieces together, the idea he doesn't love her, the reluctance to take him back, his regret, her lack of trust. Her eyes widened in realisation and she let out a gasp. "He didn't" 

"He did." Eloise nodded crying into her mothers chest 

"How long?" whispered the woman

"Three months" Eloise choked out 

"Oh baby girl" Euphemia said a tear slipping out of her own eye as she began to feel the heartbreak radiating off of her daughter. And she pulled her closer, listening to her child sob.

Sirius stood in the hallway hearing the girl sob into her mother. He felt another stab to his own heart with each sob as he struggled to hold back the tears of his own. He really did love Eloise, if only he didn't take her for granted. If only he didn't expect her to keep her promise if he broke his, if only he didn't expect her to be there every time he hurt her welcoming him back with open arms, if only he never cheated on her, if only he didn't let Davey Brinkman get to him, if only he valued his pride and reputation a little less. 

If only.

----

"You alright mate?" James said concerned for Sirius who look particularly glum.

"Yeah I'm uh-fine." he coughed 

"Is it about El?" James sighed "It is isn't it? come on, come sit." he said with a sigh patting the bed next to him.

Reluctantly, Sirius sat down next to the Potter boy his mind swimming with thoughts of the Potter girl. 

"What's going on?" James asked "What is it about her that's got you so sad?"

"I lost her Prongs." Sirius said with a tear slipping out of his eye "I lost her and it hurts so fucking much."

"That's kind of on you mate..." he said sheepishly "But i'm sure she'll come around."

"No. She won't." Said the Black haired boy voice cracking "She won't James, and it hurts. it hurts so bloody much because I broke her. I made a choice, a really terrible fucking choice, I screwed up. And the worst part of it all is that I knew exactly what I was doing and I could have stopped at anytime but I didn't. Now she will never take me back. I miss her. It's been a month since she left me and it hurts more and more every single day. No one can ever compare to the way she made me feel." he choked "I love her. So, so much. But i'll never get to hold her again. Kiss her again. Make her smile again." he sighed as James took all his words in "I really thought I was gonna marry that girl you know?" the boy said shocking James "I looked at her every single day and I thought to myself this is the woman I'm gonna marry. But I screwed it up. and now I'll never get that chance" he cried. 

James couldn't do anything but comfort the boy as he cried into his chest. He knew he caused an immense amount of pain to his sister but he was his best mate, and he couldn't hate him despite being angry. So James Potter did what he did best, and he comforted the boy with soothing words. After all, the boy did just lose his soulmate. 

"I know you love her pads.." sighed James "You've just got to show her that, prove to her that you love her, give her a reason to trust you again. A reason to believe you really do love her."

"How?" sniffed Sirius 

"Time."