Regulus' letter

Eloise, 

Eloise, 

If you are reading this. Then I did not survive. I'm sure you have so many questions some of which you may never know the answers to but I will explain as best as I can in this single piece of parchment. 

I think I should start off with apologising. I know I made you a promise and I broke it and I am sorry that I will be unable to attend your wedding. But I must ask of you not to mourn over me for an extended period of time, don't cry, celebrate my life. I don't want to leave you hurting. I know I am with Ophelia and I do love her so I really should write a letter to her but I couldn't bring myself to do it, for a number of reasons which I do not have the time to disclose. But there is a part of my heart, my soul, that will always belong to you. I love you. I shouldn't say that I know I am sorry, you are to marry my brother in less than a month. Go on with the wedding El, think of it as one last favour for me. 

But now, I must explain to you everything. 

Last year in the death eater meeting The Dark Lord gave me a task. A task I simply could not complete. Before I tell you, you have to understand that this was the only way I could protect you. So I ask for your forgiveness. He wanted you El. He wanted information, then he wanted you. He wanted me to kidnap you but I couldn't bring myself to do it. After months of excuses I fear he caught on and began to see through my lies. 

You are being watched. 

I don't know by who, or where, or even when it began but you are being watched. Be cautious. If he finds you he will hurt you. 

The locket I have asked Kreacher to give you. It's a Horcrux. It contains a part of The Dark Lords soul. I don't know how many there are but I suspect that there is more. You must destroy it. As long as the Horcruxes exist, as long as his soul is inside, he is immortal he can not be defeated. There are more I am sure of it, but for now, this is all we have. This is the real locket of Salazar Slytherin. I put the replica that you gifted me in it's place, so should The Dark Lord return he shall know it was I who discovered his secret, and it was I who helped him meet his end.

Should you need help, upon your union to Sirius next month, Kreacher will be forced to obey you. Not that he should be reluctant in doing so, I believe from what he has heard of you he respects you. Nevertheless, Ophelia shall also help you. When you see her, tell her everything I have told you. 

I love you El. 

Yours Forever,

R.A.B

Eloises tears stained the page as she read the words over and over. Kreacher stood with her for a few more moments comforting the small girl before she nodded at him in thanks and he disappeared with a crack.

Meanwhile inside the Potter manor her friends grew worried, Eloise had been outside for almost a full thirty minutes and they were ready to go out and look for her until the girl returned letter in hands and tear stained cheeks. The letter adorned with a crest that Sirius knew all too well. 

"El?" asked Remus in concern as James jumped up seeing his sisters distraught appearance and shaking hands. 

"Where did you get that?" asked Sirius in a whisper looking at the letter in her hands. But El did not respond her eyes trained on the words on the page reading them over and over another sob escaping her lips. 

"El?" asked Lily gently watching her friend crumble right in front of her. 

Eloise's mind was trying to process the information she had just been given. She was carrying part of Voldemort's soul in her pocket. What should she do? Tell Dumbledore? Tell the order? She couldn't tell the order no the risk was too high. It was Dumbledore she had to tell. Only Dumbledore. But right now the only words that could come out of her mouth were. 

"He's dead"

"What?" asked Sirius head snapping up "Who? El who's dead?"

"He's dead."

"Eloise" said Lily softly "Who are you talking about?"

"R-R-"

"No" Sirius denied shaking his head. "No."

"Regulus" said Eloise making eye contact with her friends "he's dead."

a/n- verrryy short chapter. Sorry