Little Snake

"Kreacher

"Kreacher." breathed Remus once more "Do you know Eloise Potter?" 

Kreachers eyes widened momentarily in recognition of the name before narrowing into slits "Kreacher will tell the filthy half-breed nothing of masters friend" croaked the elf

"Kreacher" spoke Harry gently "We really need to know"

"Kreacher lives to serve the Noble House of Black" he hissed making the four humans sigh in defeat.

"Get Sirius" sighed Remus realising that they were getting nowhere with the elf at this moment in time. Harry nodded dashing out of the room calling Sirius' name.

"Sirius?" he called "Sirius?" he repeated louder when he received no answer. Sirius' head poked out of the door of the room that Harry was walking past and he send the boy a weak smile Harry could tell he had been crying but decided not to bring it up.

"What do you need?" Sirius asked clearing his throat.

"We need your help downstairs..it's Kreacher" Harry explained making Sirius sigh tiredly.

"Bloody elf" he grumbled moving down the stairs Harry trailing behind him and back into the living room of grimmauld place where the elf in question was sat with Remus, Ron and Hermione. "What's happened?" Sirius asked taking a seat on the doxy infested sofa.

"Well..we need to ask him a few questions.." explained Hermione sheepishly "and he won't answer them because none of us are a Black.."

"So you want me to ask them for you?" frowned the man

"Yes" nodded the muggleborn girl carefully

"Alright well what's the question?" 

The trio plus Remus looked at each other sheepishly having a silent debate on who would be the one to confess to the man before unanimously coming to the silent conclusion that it should be Harry.

"Well...we believe he knows something about aunt El.." explained Harry nervously "and-"

"and you want me to ask him what he knows" sighed Sirius sadly "Alright" he agreed

"Sirius you don't have-"

"No Remus I want to know too" insisted the Black. "Kreacher." started Sirius "What do you know about Eloise Potter?" he breathed 

"Kreacher only knows what he has been told to say" croaked the Elf making the five frown in confusion "Kreacher knows master Regulus liked the company of Potter and the little snake"

The mention of the snake made Sirius frown in confusion and the trio's and Remus' ears prick up.

"Little snake?" frowned Sirius "What little snake?"

"The girl..Kreacher knows the girl master Regulus loved"

"Is she alive?" continued Sirius after Remus gestured for him to do so. The house elf seemed nervous but could not stop himself from nodding a 'yes'. "Where?"