Letting go

"So

"So.."

"So.."

"Weathers nice isn't it?" asked Eloise 

"Oh yes I love it when theres...clouds" nodded Regulus awkwardly

Lily and the girls watched the encounter stifling their laughs at Eloises pathetic attempts to ease the tension. 

"Bloody hell" snorted the red head "This is painful to watch"

"Do you reckon we should help her?" giggled Alice

"Nah let her suffer for a few more minutes."

After a few more moments of silence and awkward looks Regulus and Eloise both decided to break the tension at the same time.

"We need to talk." they both said

"You go first!" they rushed out in unison again

"No you-"

"Shall I?"

"Okay I'll go first." decided Eloise "Look..Boxing Day was...great and I'd totally do it again but-"

"You love Sirius. I get it." laughed the boy "El you needed a distraction from all the pain and I needed a distraction from..other things. We both needed distractions and it was in the moment. I know you love my brother and nothing is likely to change that but..I love you Eloise. I am in love with you and although you can't reciprocate these feelings I'll always be here for you no matter what."

"I love you Reg" smiled the girl with teary eyes "I love you so much. Thank you for being my best friend." she said throwing her arms around the taller boy who wrapped his around her waist pulling her closer, ignoring the stinging sensation he had in his left arm. 

Regulus Black loved Eloise Potter with every piece of him and he held her forgetting about all which was wrong in the world and all of his flaws, Eloise made him feel whole. So he held onto this moment like his life depended on it wishing that it never ended, that he could protect Eloise forever. But thats all it was..a wish. Thats all it could be. Because he was Regulus Arcturus Black and he was a Death Eater. Branded with the grim symbol of hate and prejudice permanently, he could no longer escape the path he has been forced onto, if only he had, had a choice.

Regulus loved Eloise and that's why he was letting her go.

----

"Ellie!" Sung the off-key voice of James Potter as he danced down the common room stairs.

"Yes James." sighed the girl as she started to get ready to meet Freddie.

"I have been given strict instructions to deliver you this flower" he said handing the girl a coral coloured peony.

"Is that so" Eloise laughed taking the flower "And who gave you these 'strict instructions'"

"Sirius did." grinned James "I reckon he's jealous of Freddie" he smirked 

Eloise looked behind James seeing the boy coming down the stairs making his way towards the pair. "Well..he is very attractive.." started Eloise "And he has wonderful hair!" she gushed "Don't even get me started on that jawline of his-"

"If I didn't know better I'd say you fancy him El!" exclaimed James

"Perhaps I do." she shrugged making Sirius halt as she locked eyes with him "Maybe I'll snog him!" she laughed teasing the boy who now had a sad look on his face. 

"You fancy Freddie?" pouted Sirius 

"Only for a snog." she shrugged nonchalantly "Maybe a shag..we'll see.." she trailed off seeing the look on Sirius' face "What?" she asked with genuine innocence "I'm only being honest." shE shrugged.

"Bloody...freddie, prick" he mumbled incoherently 

"Don't be silly" Laughed Eloise embracing the boy "I have to go. I'll see you later." she smiled kissing him on the cheek repeating her actions with her twin the leaving the common room. 

"Whats up with you?" laughed James "You know she was only joking right? She's not really going to snog him, or shag him for that matter"

"Yeah..but what if she wasn't joking Prongs? what if I've lost her? she didn't even tell me she loved me, or kiss me, or-"

"But you're not together..she hasn't taken you back, and deep down has not forgiven you. She's still hurting mate..if she wants to go out and try new things let her, even if it's with someone else, just let her be happy for a little while. I know you love her, but she doesn't, not after what you did, so she's healing, she's changing, she's meeting new people and healing. Let her do that, after you did what you did this was bound to happen it's inevitable and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but she's gonna date other people before she takes you back.." James paused momentarily debating his next words "If you love her as much as you claim you do, and want her to know..then you'll wait for her, and let her be happy. If you don't..then..self explanatory really. So the question is really how long are you willing to wait?"

"I'd wait until the end of time if I had to." sighed the boy "But the thought of her..with someone else.." Sirius' face held a look of pain and he felt sick simply thinking about another touching Eloise in the same way as he did

"If thats how you feel when you think of her with someone else..how do you think she felt when she knew you'd been with someone else?" sighed James "Padfoot..I don't think you understand the consequences of what you did...she will never be the same again. You hurt her..badly and she's gonna snog other boys and date other people and you're just going to have to deal with it." James chuckled humourlessly as he spoke to his best mate truthfully "She's going to move on and you are going to let her, she's going to fall in love and theres nothing you can do about it, she still loves you and you still love her but you have to let her go."

"But I don't want to let her go..what if she doesn't come back?" 

"Then that's up to her. But if you love her..you'll let her go." he smiled sadly "It's gonna be hard mate, but you've brought this on yourself at the end of the day and you have to deal with it, just let her be happy, if she falls in love and decides that she's happier with you as a friend you must accept that but if she comes back..then you can welcome her with open arms." 

"So..I have to say goodbye." said Sirius tearing up slightly 

"Not exactly..goodbye is forever..this is more of a see you soon."

"Okay.." nodded Sirius "I'm letting her go."

a/n- sorry for the lack of updates school is stressing me out and England is about to go into lockdown again and my mums business is is danger because of it. So we're in a bit of a bad financial position. I'll try to update as much as I can.