Watch and listen

Eloise sat in the common room sitting in front of the fire the orange light caressing her face and accentuating her features

Eloise sat in the common room sitting in front of the fire the orange light caressing her face and accentuating her features. Sirius watched from afar as the girl stared into the fire with a small smile on his face admiring her beauty but his mood soured as he understood how lucky he was..he did not deserve her, after what he did to her, he broke her, he took her for granted and he was beyond lucky to have her back. But why? Why did she take him back? He is yet to prove he is sorry and so in that split second Sirius Black decided he was going to make it better, how? he didn't know...but he was going to do something...many somethings..everyday for the rest of his life to prove to her how much he loves her.

Sirius hopped of the stairs and over to the girl who was still in her cardigan and skirt her tie hanging loosely around her neck with a few buttons on her shirt undone. Despite her messy appearance she still looked beautiful in Sirius' eyes. "Get up" he said with a small smile 

"What for?" she frowned slightly startled at the boys sudden appearance

"I'm taking you on an adventure" he smiled pulling the smaller girl up holding her delicate hands.

"Where?"

Sirius said nothing in response but grinned as he pulled her along and out of the common room, truthfully he had no idea where they were going, it was just a spontaneous adventure, time spent together, perhaps ending with them in the kitchen or in the room of requirement playing an extremely competitive game of exploding snap. 

By now it was way past curfew and Eloise's giggles bounced off of the stone walls as Sirius dragged her through the corridors, his eyes scouting for something that they could do until his eyes lit up with an idea. He guided her swiftly to the entrance hall and out onto the wet Hogwarts grounds.

"Sirius" laughed Eloise as he halted in the middle of the rain soaking the both of them making their hai stick to their heads. "It's bloody freezing!" she exclaimed the sound of the rain drowning out her voice. 

"I know" he whispered with a smile one his face "Let's have a race"

"A race?"

Sirius didn't respond but sent her a mischievous grin as his body shifted and where he once stood on two legs was now Padfoot wagging his tail excitedly lolling his head to the side as he looked at the potter girl expectantly who smiled but copied his actions shifting her body into her German Shepard animagus form. Padfoot nudged his snout into her neck as if to cuddle the girl she barked licking him then pulling away playfully as she took off across the muddy grounds hearing Padfoot bark in the distance as he chased her. 

Eventually the black dog caught up to her as he tackled her playfully the two dogs rolling around in the mud dampening and dirtying their fur. But the two animals didn't seem to care as they messed around playfully together.

The barking of the two dogs could be heard from the Gryffindor tower and James Potter frowned at the sound looking out of the window to see all the commotion, smiling slightly as he caught sight of Sirius in his animagus form and who he could only assume to be Eloise as he was unable to recognise the second tan and black German Shepard. He observed with a contempt smile on his face as he saw the dogs chasing each other until the slightly larger black dog tackled the tan one. "Oi moony" called James with a small smile "Look." he said pointing out of the window.

"Is that Sirius?" he frowned squinting slightly as he saw the black dog shift forms back to human the tan one beneath him copying his actions "And El?" he said eyes widening further. 

"Yeah" smiled James "I'm glad they're together again" he nodded "Just hope Sirius doesn't mess it up this time"

"Oh believe me I think he's learnt his lesson" laughed Remus "He's a mess without her"

"And she without him" followed Lily appearing suddenly behind the boys startling them. "She really loves him you know" 

"I know.." whispered Remus with a slight frown as he watched the boy lean down to kiss her sweetly a love burning in their eyes that was more powerful than any spell. That's all he could do. Watch.

Remus had to watch the person he loved fall deeper and deeper in love with another every day, minute, second. He had to watch as they shared sweet kisses and touches with another, watch each caress, each argument, heartbreak. He had to watch as they looked longingly at them. He had to listen as they vented to them about their problems. Listen as they exchanged 'I love yous' with someone else. Listen as they talked about the one they were in love with. 

Remus Lupin was bitter because of it deep down because he wanted to scream at them 'I can treat you better!'. But he stayed quiet. Because they were happy and thats all he wanted for them, them to be happy, even if it was not with him. He vowed to be there for them when they needed him, he promised he would pick up all of the pieces if their heart gets broken again, but he knows nothing will ever come from it, no matter how much he wants it to.

We all want what we can't have. And Remus Lupin? Well..he wants Eloise Potter. 

Remus Lupin wants Eloise Potter, he loves Eloise Potter.

She alongside Lily was there for him during some of his darkest times, she was kind, understanding, funny, beautiful and trustworthy. As far as he was concerned she had no flaws. She had this voice that was music to his ears with every word she spoke, and the most melodic laugh he had ever heard in his life, ever since their kiss at the party well over a year ago the young lycanthrope could not get his mind off of the Potter girl, but his morals and loyalty to Sirius and James stopped him from ever acting on his feelings. 

So, when Sirius Black cheated on Eloise Potter, Remus Lupin was angry. Beyond angry, he was seething with anger more than willing to hurt the boy fatally but refrained from doing so for her sake. He was even more angry the more he thought about it. Remus gave up his chance with the girl of his dreams so his friend could be happy, and Sirius threw it all away for what? His reputation. How dare he. How dare he take Eloise from him then treat her like shit. 

But despite this all he knew Sirius loved her. He just wasn't very good at showing it.

Remus comforted her, he listened to her as she vented about her emotions, as she let it all out and sobbed into his chest. Eloise loved Sirius. Deeply. And Remus knew this, he knew how much Eloise loved Sirius so he helped her heal. Sirius is her soulmate, and therefore Remus Lupin knew that he had no chance, not anymore. No matter the circumstances. 

When Eloise gave Sirius another chance the first thought that came to his mind was, why? After everything why him? Why him after what he did to her? But looking at them now Remus understood, and his question was answered. Looking at them. Watching them now Remus saw the complete infatuation that the couple had with each other. He could see how in love they were and he could see how much Eloise loved Sirius and Sirius loved Eloise. 

Despite everything that had happened. Remus Lupin could tell that Sirius Black loved Eloise Potter in a way that he never could. Sirius looked at her like she created time itself, and Eloise looked at him in the exact same way. He sighed with a small tight lipped smile looking at his two friends with a knowing look in his eye. "I don't think they'll ever break up again now."

"Really?" said James with raised brows "Forever is a long time.."

"Look at them" he smiled "They're so in love it's disgusting, she will be the mother of his children and he will be the man she marries."

"You really think?" spoke Lily 

"No." sighed the werewolf "I know."