Cats and Dogs

"Is everything alright?" Eloise asked Sirius as he took a seat beside her

"Yeah it's fine love." nodded the boy sneaking glances at his brother who was sat at the Slytherin table speaking in hushed whispers with his 'friends'.

Eloise furrowed her brows at Sirius' behaviour sending a questioning look to James who just shrugged also confused with his mates attitude. Eloise followed the boys gaze only to lock eyes with Regulus Black. The pair had hardly spoken with each other after what happened on Boxing Day besides a few short letters here and there, Eloise sent the boy a small smile and wave which he returned with a smirk and a wink making her chuckle shaking her head at his antics. 

Sirius caught the interaction between the two and his stomach boiled with jealousy seeing them acknowledge each other after Boxing Day made him slightly uncomfortable, no one knew other than their friends and Regulus that the couple were due to get back together and therefore as far as the rest of the Hogwarts population were aware Eloise Potter was back on the market, and Sirius could see the hungry eyes of boys and girls from various houses; including Slytherin, that were on the girl. 

It was no secret that Eloise Potter was easily one of the most beautiful girls in Hogwarts, she was the most beautiful in Sirius' eyes at least, but he also shared the same opinion as several other boys. Their break up had happened in late November and it was now January, she seemed much happier after having two months to heal. The boys and girls at least had enough respect to give the girl time to heal. But now she was happier, now she appeared to be healed and now Eloise Potter was available once again. 

All sirius could do watch was their hungry stares toward the girl who he loved so much, who he wanted to himself. He just had to sit back and watch and could not do anything about it, because she was single, they are not together anymore. Sirius didn't want to share but he supposed thats karma really, he couldn't keep it in her pants and forced her to share so now he has to sit back and watch her flirt and be flirted with, and it angered him because he couldn't do anything about it. He had no right to. Not after what he did. 

Eloise was laughing with Lily not noticing a tall and very attractive Ravenclaw making way over, Sirius recognised him as Freddie Robynrowes a chaser on the Ravenclaw quidditch team, he was around 5,11 and had a muscular build, he had dirty blonde hair and greenish blue eyes, undeniably attractive and certainly charming. He was Eloise's type on paper and therefore Sirius was intimidated by him, because unlike Davey if Freddie asked the girl on a date and all went well, they would most likely end up staying together for a rather long time. Sirius' heart dropped as the boy approached the girl and James' eyes went wide as he understood what was going on nudging Sirius slightly sending him a look that say 'are you alright?' to which the boy glumly nodded.

"Eloise continued to laugh and talk with Lily, Marlene and Alice until she felt a kick in her shin looking toward Remus she huffed "What was that for?" she whined rubbing her shin. The werewolf nodded to behind her with wide eyes gesturing that someone was there. Eloise turned around coming face to face with the Ravenclaw boy. 

"Hello." he grinned flashing her a charming smile. 

"Oh hi!" grinned the girl "Freddie right?" she asked to which the boy nodded Eloise smiled gesturing for Lily to budge up slightly which she did Eloise copied her actions moving closer to Sirius "Come sit." she invited the boy who complied sitting between the brunette and the red head ignoring the dreamy gazes from younger Gryffindor girls. 

"So I heard you were good at transfigurations?" said the blonde holding his charming smile on the girl

"Oh she's fantastic!" gushed Lily before the girl could answer 

"Top of the class." agreed Marlene before Peter butted in.

"It's true she tutored me in fourth year got me from an A to an O" nodded the mousy boy earning  himself a kick from Sirius and slap round the head from James "Oi! What was that for?" grumbled the boy. 

"Shut up." hissed James quietly into the boys ear "We'll explain later."

"Oh! And did we mention she's a registered animagus." smirked Alice making the girl blush

"Brilliant." grinned Freddie impressed "What do you turn into?" he grinned 

"A dog." Sirius butted in smirking proudly placing a hand on the girls knee "She turns into a dog. Matches her patronus" 

"Really?" said Freddie with a raised eyebrow "My patronus is a cat. Perhaps that means something" he teased the girl making her chuckle. 

"I thought dogs hate cats." frowned James 

"Depends on the dog." shrugged Eloise 

"Anyway." coughed Freddie "I was thinking perhaps you could tutor me in transfigurations."

"Of course I can." nodded Eloise feeling Sirius' grip on her thigh tighten as he tensed, she grabbed his hand comfortingly making the boy relax. 

"Aren't Ravenclaws meant to be smart?" frowned Sirius "And I could have sworn you were one of the best in the class last term."

"Okay you caught me." Freddie chuckled holding his hands up in surrender "Perhaps I just wanted a reason to hang out with a pretty girl."

"Charming." Eloise giggled ignoring the whispers and suggestive stares she was receiving from the girls. 

"So, what do you say?" grinned the boy "Will you tutor me?"

"I thought you don't need tutoring." she said with a raised brow

"I don't. But I would appreciate your company. Just two friends hanging out." he clarified seeing Sirius' possessiveness over the girl.

"Alright." she smiled 

"Fantastic. See you tomorrow then?" he said with another dazzling smile

"Sounds great." she agreed as the boy walked away from the table returning to the Ravenclaws. 

"He so fancies you." squealed Lily excitedly 

"He does not." scoffed Eloise 

"I dunno El.." said James "he seemed pretty interested in you."

"Understatement." grumbled Sirius "Bloody bloke was all over you 'just wanted a reason to hang out with a pretty girl'" mimicked the boy in a high pitched voice 

"Are you jealous?" she smirked laughing "I'm single I can do what I want." shrugged Eloise 

"No, I'm not jealous." huffed Sirius ignoring the girl as she kissed his cheek.

"So you don't care?"

"Nope."

"So if I go and tutor him every night you won't care?"

"Of course not you can do what you want."

"If I hug him?"

"Don't care." he insisted 

"Snog him?" teased the girl leaning on his shoulder making his eyes widen 

"El!" he scolded making the group laugh 

a/n- I imagine Freddie as Alex Pettyfer because wild child is a brilliant film and he's called Freddie in that so

also I apologise for not updating yesterday I couldn't be bothered