Terrified

Kings cross station was bustling with people, the cold January air pricked Sirius' skin as he stood side by side with his family and friends who were greeting their families at the platform as well as saying goodbye after spending the New Year at ...

Kings cross station was bustling with people, the cold January air pricked Sirius' skin as he stood side by side with his family and friends who were greeting their families at the platform as well as saying goodbye after spending the New Year at the Potters.

He scanned the crowd and saw his brother looking tense as he said goodbye to their parents, itching his left  forearm slightly making Sirius' brows furrow in concern. Feeling a pair of eyes on him Regulus' head snapped up and he locked eyes with his brother who sent him a concerned look despite being angry at him for sleeping with Eloise. 

Regulus nodded his head to the train and Sirius nodded his head back slightly understanding what the boy was hinting at. Sirius turned to the Potters with a grateful smile as he said goodbye to them, and the group boarded the scarlet coloured train all deciding to find a compartment together. 

"I'll be right back, I need to talk to someone" said Sirius 

"Oh..okay" smiled Eloise as she sat down, he smiled at her kissed her on the cheek and hurriedly left the compartment. 

Eloise sat with a frown on her face as she looked deep in thought drowning out everything that her friends were saying.

"El are you alright?" asked James making everyones attention turn to the girl who was unusually quiet. 

"yeah..fine" she nodded giving them a tight lipped smile. But James looked unconvinced as did everyone else.

"What's wrong El?" asked the boy quietly moving to sit next to his twin

"It's just..what if he does it again? what if that's what he's doing right now? I know we're not together but what if he doesn't want to wait?" she ranted getting quickly worked up

"Calm down.." he soothed "I'm sure thats not the case he's definitely an idiot but I don't think he's that stupid to do the same thing all over again, especially when he just got you back." 

"Okay." nodded the girl calming down a bit. 

---

"What's wrong with your arm?" demanded Sirius as he burst into an empty compartment where Regulus was. 

"Nothing, just a rash I got is all" said the boy trying to brush it off but his voice gave him away.

"Yeah?" said Sirius raising a brow "Show me."

"W-What?" stuttered out Regulus 

"Show me the rash."

"I can't"

"You can't? Cut the bullshit, you're one of them aren't you?" 

"No."

"Merlins beard." laughed Sirius humourlessly "You are aren't you." he chuckled "So you fuck my girlfriend then become a death eater, my brother the charmer" scoffed the boy sarcastically making Regulus' face pale. 

"She told you." 

"Yeah she did." said Sirius with his voice breaking "How could you?" he said "You knew how much I loved her-"

"No. You don't get to say that. You hurt her Sirius and I was there for her, and I'd do it all over again if I had to because she is my best friend. Don't you dare try to make me out to be the bad guy and put the blame on me when you cheated on her." Regulus said letting out everything he had been holding in "You seem to think that just because she doesn't appear to be hurt physically anymore she's fine, but she's not, she's hurt mentally, she's emotionally fucked up because of you, and will be forever because of something that you did." he jabbed at the boy "You cheated on her and that will stick with her for the rest of her life and any future relationships she has, she won't be able to love the same, trust the same, act the same, or be the same ever again, she's gonna change Sirius, and when she does you'll know it, because she'll know her worth and if she takes you back? Well that's up to her." he laughed

"Well she's forgiven me." spat Sirius

"Has she?" Regulus said raising a brow "Or is she just saying that?"

Sirius was left dumfounded at his brothers words and let the boy continue. 

"Because she might tell you she's forgiven you but is that her head or her heart talking. Because I'm certain if it were her heart she would not forgive you. Did you know, heartbreak is a pain close to physical? I picked up the pieces you destroyed. I put her back together again and only then did she come back to you, and you know its true. You may truly love her and she does love you but put of you and I? I will always, love her more." 

"That doesn't explain why you're a death eater!" Sirius called as Regulus moved to the compartment door.

"I'm a death eater because I wasn't placed in Gryffindor like you. I had nowhere to run, you went to James'. Where would I go? To my friends who's parents believe the same bullshit as ours? They would have sent me straight back. I wanted this just as much as you did. The only difference between you and I brother is one of us had a choice." and with that Regulus left the compartment leaving Sirius alone in his thoughts. 

The younger black brother strolled past the compartment full of happy Gryffindors he briefly peered into the compartment seeing Eloise laughing at something her brother had said he smile bright enough to light up the world. She was his kryptonite and Regulus black intended to do right by Eloise Potter always, no matter what it took. Regulus Blacks heart belonged to Eloise but hers belonged to his brother, and as much as it pained the boy if he had to let her go then so be it. 

The boy left the compartment window and returned to his own in the Slytherin section, greeting Avery and Mulicber as he sat down. 

"Has The Dark Lord given you a task yet Regulus?" asked Mulciber with a smirk seeing the newly marked death eater enter the compartment

"Not yet." answered the boy monotonously 

"Well what are you going to do?" piped in Avery

"Keep an eye on Dumbledore. He's becoming suspicious, knows something is up, I think he's aware there are death eaters at Hogwarts, we have to be discreet." 

"Are you scared?" asked Avery emotionlessly 

"Terrified." 

a/n- chapter is a bit shorter but omg this hurt my heart poor reggie :(