The Fairest Most Beautiful Mother

a/n- next chapter gonna be a lil bit of Dumbles and order action. POW POW. KACHOW

WARNING: mentions of cancer. My love goes out to anyone who's had to battle cancer or lost any family members to it. I love you all dearly. 

Over the weeks Eloise found herself and Ophelia growing closer and closer

Over the weeks Eloise found herself and Ophelia growing closer and closer. Of course Ophelia Gaunt was no fool and knew that Eloise had other intentions other than just 'getting to know Reggie's girlfriend' in all honesty, it didn't phase Ophelia all that much. She had a strange feeling that whatever it was that Eloise was trying to find out it was something to do with her father, besides, Eloise wasn't exactly the queen of subtlety. Which is why, on December 8th 1978, Ophelia Gaunt decided to confront the girl and answer all of her questions honestly after the duo arranged to meet in Hogsmeade. 

The blonde girl sat waiting patiently in the Three Broomsticks at a secluded table in the back of the pub, a butter beer in her hands which she sipped ever so often. Eloise arrived her eyes searching the area for a familiar head of blonde which was not hard to find despite being tucked away. She ignored the stares from people who recognised her from the papers, and posters in stores as she made her way toward the table. 

Ophelia Gaunt had this strange sort or aura about her, a mystery if you will, it was something she couldn't quite put her finger on but she was certainly a strange character. Ophelia seemed to have the ability to love, and to appreciate someone but for some bizarre reason the girl had no remorse, and that much was clear. 

"Phelia" greeted Eloise with a smile as she slipped into the booth "How are you?"

"All is well thank you and yourself?" said the girl politely sipping on her beverage locking eyes with the girl with a slight raise of her left brow. 

"Yeah-yeah, good, these attacks are awful aren't they?"

"Treacherous" agreed Ophelia bluntly with a small hint of amusement. 

"So...tell me about yourself..your past..your future"

Ophelia covered her snort with a cough "Wrong pipe" she said covering up her amusement "My past..thats a terribly long story..my future? that's unknown..I am no seer after all" she smirked 

"Well I've got time" shrugged Eloise leaning back slightly 

"I do not" said Ophelia trying to get a rise out of her older friend who huffed in defeat.

"Bugger."

"Oh I'm teasing you" laughed Ophelia "you're not exactly the most subtle person I know El" laughed the blonde "But I can assure you if theres any questions you want to ask me, I'll do the best I can to answer them without asking any of my own despite my curiosity"

"Curiosity killed the cat" nodded Eloise in approval 

"But the satisfaction brought it back" retorted Ophelia "Proceed."