Wolfsbane

"I did it! James I think I did it!" exclaimed Eloise excitedly 

"Did what?" he asked brows furrowed in confusion 

"You'll see." she smirked victoriously "Where's Remus?"

"Upstairs with Sirius.." said the boy still slightly confused 

"Brilliant" she nodded scurrying up the stairs as fast as she possibly could ignoring her brothers calls of confusion. She burst into the marauders dormitory seeing Sirius fixing his hair and remus coming out of the bathroom adjusting his tie looking sick.

"El?" frowned Sirius "what are you doing here?" 

But she ignored the black haired boy and sped straight to Remus throwing her arms around him making Sirius and Remus both frown in confusion.

"Why are you so happy?" Remus wonders out loud

"I think I did it!" she squealed pulling out a bar of chocolate and a small vial dripping the chocolate in the vial. 

"Did what?" asked Sirius

Eloise avoided the question much to the dismay of both present marauders. "Eat this" she smiled handing the chocolate to the lycanthrope.

"What? No! You just dipped it in that- that- stuff!" 

Eloise rolled her eyes at his antics giving him a deadpan look "Just do it."

"Okay..." he agreed reluctantly taking the chocolate from the girl and biting into it "Blagh!" he exclaimed "That is disgusting"

"Well yeah it's not meant to taste nice..eat the whole thing, I'll see you two tomorrow" she smirked knowingly sauntering out of the room.

"What do you reckon that was about?" Remus asked Sirius

"Don't ask me" he shrugged holding his hands up in defence "I know about as much as you.."

"Right" sighed Remus checking his wrist watch, "I've got to go to the hospital wing..see you tonight" he sighed sadly 

"You've got this mate" comforted Sirius patting the werewolf's back reassuringly 

"Yep.." 

---

At 11 o'clock in the middle of the Hogwarts grounds right in front of the whomping willow stood a rat, dog and James Potter who was yet to transform. The rat scurried towards the tree pressing firmly on the knot at the bottom of the trunk temporarily immobilising it giving James and the dog just enough time to slip into the opening at the base of the willow, once inside James transformed into a magnificent stag following the rat and dog through the tunnel until they reached the opening to the shrieking shack. 

The three animals slipped inside preparing themselves for a rough night but were only filled with confusion when they did not hear the werewolf scratching the walls or howling loudly at the moon. The animals gave each other weary looks slipping inside only to find the wolf sat calmly in the corner staring straight at them, putting up no fight but he seemed..calm.

The animals were even more confused than they already were before and the werewolf seemed to be also. Sirius nudged the wolf with his snout and the animal let out a breath in response as if to say 'I don't know either'. It was almost as if Remus was..well...Remus. He was not the ravenous, aggressive, dangerous beast he transformed into normally once a month instead he was himself only a little hairy. 

The stag let out what seemed to be a laugh of disbelief as realisation dawned upon him, letting out a grunt as the rat, wolf and dog danced round the room in circled prancing merrily as their friend was sane and unharmed. 

The night passed by quickly as the sun rose and everyone resumed their usual forms the marauders sat up grinning at each other as they put the pieces together.

"She did it." they spoke in unison

---

Eloise woke up at the crack of dawn alongside Lily as they prepared for breakfast, the girls performed their various glamour charms and applied their makeup then grabbed their wands and their bags moving swiftly through the corridors as they approached the great hall. 

The two best friends plonked into their usual seats opposite Marlene and Alice as they loaded their plates up with pancakes. Their favourite. 

Their conversation however was soon disrupted when four boisterous voices filled the room the loudest shockingly being Remus Lupin. "Eloise Potter you beautiful being!" he exclaimed dramatically "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" he asked as he slipped into the seat next to her ignoring the confused stairs that the duo were receiving from the staff table and the amused yet knowing one from Dumbledore.

"Watch it.." growled Sirius letting out a yelp as lily kicked him in the shin.

"No you haven't" she laughed "It worked then?"

"Worked? Worked? It was a bloody miracle! What did you do? What was that? How? You're gonna make millions!" laughed the lycanthrope

"Yeah I dunno what you did El but you bloody did something.." laughed James in disbelief 

"I had my own mind last night" he whispered under his breath to the girl "I was just Remus Lupin not Remus Lupin the werewolf" 

"I didn't think you'd actually do it" shrugged Sirius "But you did..you cured it" 

"Who cured what Mister Black?" came the voice of McGonagall

"C'mere" said James gesturing for the woman to lean down so that he could whisper to her cupping his mouth has he did so. The woman eyes went wide as she looked between the five students.

"Why thats impossible!" she exclaimed "There is no cure!"

"there is now!" laughed Remus throwing an arm over Eloise's shoulder pulling her into a side hug "And it's all thanks to El here" 

"Is this true Miss Potter?" asked the woman wide eyed 

"Yeah" she answered sheepishly 

"Well! We must contact the ministry at once! You're going to be making millions my dear! millions!" she smiled excitedly "Hear that Horace? Eloise Potter here created a cure for lycanthropy! Beat that!" she laughed as she walked back toward the staff table ignoring the stares being sent their way. 

"Well we had merlin!" he called back 

"Yeah centuries ago!" 

the five laughed at the two professors who continued to bicker over who's house was better and why but Lily, Marlene, Alice and the rest of the great hall stared at Eloise in disbelief. "What?" she let out a nervous chuckle feeling pressured by all the stares she was getting. 

"A cure for lycanthropy?" Exclaimed Marlene

"Well it's not a cure as such..more of a suppressor? Kind of pushes the werewolf's mind to the side and allows the drinker to keep their usual state of mind that they have every other day of the month" she shrugged

"Still! That's brilliant El! Oh my god I'm so proud!" laughed Lily pulling her friend into a hug.

"Thanks" she laughed 

"How did you do it?" frowned Alice in curiosity 

Eloise gestured for the girl to come closer as everyone in their small circle did "Monkshood" she smiled 

"Wolfsbane?! but isn't that poisonous to the werewolf?" Peter whispered 

"Yes but it worked didn't it? It's fatal to a werewolf as we all know but..in theory if thats the case it should be enough to stabilise the drinkers mind during the full moon." she shrugged leaning back into her seat.

Sirius looked at the girl in a daze resting his head in his hand "You're brilliant" he breathed dreamily 

"I know"