Christmas 1977

"It's Christmas!" yelled James in excitement bolting into his sisters room and jumping on top of her

"It's Christmas!" yelled James in excitement bolting into his sisters room and jumping on top of her. "Walk up you lazy bitch, it's Christmas!"

"Piss off James" Eloise groaned burying her face deeper into her pillow

"Rude." grumbled the boy before the grin returned to his face as he pushed the girl out of the bed and she landed on the floor with a thud.

"James!" she whined rubbing her forehead in annoyance.

"It's time for presents!, I'm gonna wake up Sirius and if you're not downstairs by the time I'm done we're gonna have issues missy"

"Whatever." sighed Eloise standing up and brushing herself off as her brother left the room. She grabbed her bathrobe tying it up not even bothering to tame her bed hair. She walked into the living room finding her brother, Sirius, and their parents already down there.

"Took you long enough."

"Shut up James." Eloise said rolling her eyes and sitting down on the couch. 

"Alright, lets get started then shall we?" grinned Euphemia enthusiastically. She crouched down beside the tree handing out the presents to each person in the room. After around an hour, there were two more presents left under the tree. "Oh! Eloise it looks like these ones are for you!"

"Really?" said the girl with furrowed brows "Who are they from?" 

"This one is from Remus." her mother said holding up a small flat box wrapped in red paper. Making Eloise's brows furrow in confusion. 

"But Remus already gave me a gift?" 

"Well he's given you another one then." shrugged Euphemia "And this one...is from R.A.B" said her mother gesturing to the slightly larger box, making Sirius' head perk up in curiosity "Who is R.A.B?" the woman asked in confusion. 

"My brother.." Sirius answered the woman trying to sound unbothered at the fact Regulus was sending Eloise gifts. 

The room was filled with an awkward silence and the tension was thick. Eloise cleared her throat taking the presents from her mother and unwrapping them. She started with Remus' first, tearing the paper to reveal a crushed velvet box, she lifted the lid finding a beautiful silver bracelet inside, it had an intricate design of a stag, wolf, rat, and two dogs carved into the silver. "It's gorgeous" gushed Eloise showing her mother.

"I wanna see!" said James pushing his head in between the two women to get a look at the bracelet "Are they our patronus'?" laughed the boy 

"Yeah." chuckled Eloise putting the bracelet on. "It's gorgeous, must have been ever so expensive, I'll have to thank him later"

"What a thoughtful gift" said Euphemia. "He is a lovely boy that Remus don't you agree Fleamont?" Euphemia asked turning to her husband who was falling asleep on the couch.

"What?-oh!, um- yeah brilliant" nodded the man not entirely sure what they were talking about making Euphemia roll her eyes at the man. 

"Open the other one dear." the woman said encouragingly. 

Eloise hesitated but decided to open the smaller box revealing a pair of beautiful sapphire earrings. The girl gasped admiring the jewels. 

"Bloody hell!" exclaimed James gaping at the earrings in the box "They must've cost a fortune!"

"They probably did." Euphemia nodded admiring the jewels gifted to her daughter. "He must like you a lot to spend that much money on you" nodded the woman

"Yeah.." said Eloise smiling lightly admiring the earrings. 

Sirius kept quiet watching the girl smile at the gifts she received. A small smile of his own crept onto his face seeing her happy, even if it was without him. He loved her, and he wanted her to be happy, if that was without him then so be it. But he didn't care, as long as she was happy. 

"I'm gonna go shower." said the boy with a small smile leaving the room as he headed upstairs into his room. He went upstairs into his bedroom grabbing a tiny box out of his trunk. He checked to make sure no one was coming up the stairs and could hear the four Potters laughing together in the living room making him smile to himself on being able to hear Eloise's laugh for the first time in a month. He crept into her room placing the box with a slip of paper on her bed, then quietly leaving the room to shower. 

----

Eloise was sat downstairs laughing with her brother, Sirius and her parents enjoying Christmas Day together as a family. Euphemia moved to the kitchen to cook their Christmas roast. The turkey was cooked to a golden brown and the table was decorated with boughs of holly and candelabras, golden tinsel was hung across the dining room, and a small train pulled the gravy boat round the table. 

There were bowls of Brussel sprouts, peas, carrots, mashed and roast potato, sweet potato, spinach, asparagus and every food you could imagine. Yorkshire puddings and stuffing were stacked in the middle of the table beside the turkey. It was a magnificent feast and by the end of their meal every single Potter and Sirius, had a full belly. They thanked Euphemia for producing such a feast as they sipped on their champagne and wine. Eloise grinned picking up a Christmas cracker and helping James pull his. As it popped a small red, gold and green firework burst from it. The twins laughed pulling out the paper crowns and placing them on their heads, telling the terrible jokes written on the slip of parchment inside the crackers.

"Why does Father Christmas like gardening?" grinned Fleamont reading the slip of paper.

"I don't know"

"Because he likes to hoe, hoe, hoe!" laughed the man

"That was atrocious dad." said the twins in unison with a snort. 

"Please." scoffed the man "As if you could do any better."

"Alright, I bet-" started Eloise with a smirk

"We can." Finished James with a nod

"Go on then." gestured the man

"Ahem." James cleared his throat "Why did the pop star go to the loo?" smirked the boy challenging his father. 

"I dunno." shrugged the man

"For a Christmas number one!" finished Eloise with a snort.

The joke was so terrible everyone at the table struggled to contain their laughter, especially the twins. The family chuckled and laughed together sitting around the table, fully bellies and warm hearts as they enjoyed their Christmas together. 

----

Eloise entered her bedroom slipping into her pyjamas after a long tiresome Christmas Day, that she thoroughly enjoyed. She walked toward her bed noticing a tiny blue box on her bed with a slip of parchment beside it. 

Merry Christmas El

Love Sirius

Eloise smiled lightly opening the box to reveal a beautiful antique garnet gypsy ring, she smiled placing the ring on her right hand admiring the gold band and the three garnets inside. 

"Thank you" she whispered despite knowing he could not hear her.

a/n- not me realising I'm terrible at maths and put them in the wrong year during 1977 they're meant to start their 7th year and I've put them in their 6th. for the sake of the plot lets pretend I didn't make that mistake. hate myself sm smh:)

Also, in Britain gypsy is not a slur, people in the community prefer to be referred to as a gypsy than anything else. Just thought id lye before I start getting attacked. It is also a type of ring, I have one myself and they're gorgeous. I placed an image of the one I have in the header. 

Love you all :)