Kreacher

"Wait a bloody minute you loved El?" exclaimed Sirius wide eyed as he looked at his werewolf friend who had just finished telling the golden trio a part of the story

"Here we go.." grumbled Ron under his breath. "Not being funny Sirius mate but she's a rocket! I would too!" 

"Men" scoffed Hermione rolling her eyes at the red heads comment "Stop talking about her like she is some object Ronald"

"Yeah she's my aunt..it's kinda weird" agreed Harry 

"Okay but, you loved El?!" Sirius repeated when he did not receive an answer from the lycanthrope. 

"Yes." nodded Remus "And I still do" 

"B-b-but" stuttered the Black.

"But nothing Sirius" said the werewolf "What wasn't there to love about her? and to be completely fair you cheated on her-"

"I know" grumbled the man "and not a day goes by where I don't regret it"

"Doesn't matter if you regret it or not, you still did it." shrugged the man "and I loved her before you were even together, then you broke up and I was there for her, I wanted to absolutely throttle you when I caught you that night-"

"You should have" stated Hermione earning herself a glare from the Azkaban escapee but she simply glared right back. 

"Anyway..she never discovered my feelings of course, I couldn't bring myself to tell her, with my loyalties for Sirius I just couldn't. It was wrong" 

"But what about what Eloise wanted?" started Hermione "what if she liked you back?"

"She didn't." chuckled Remus sadly "And even if she did Hermione, her loyalties and love for Sirius was so immense nothing she felt for me could ever come close"

"Why should she be loyal to Sirius if he wasn't loyal to her?" questioned the girl in confusion

"I am here you know!" exclaimed the dog 

Remus sent the man an amused look before turning back to the bushy haired girl "I often wondered the same thing" said the lycanthrope "But as I said before, she was uncommonly kind, even to those who did not deserve her kindness"

"Professor Lupin-" started Harry but corrected himself when the man sent him a stern look "sorry- Remus..when my aunt was killed...did they ever find her body?" 

Both Sirius and Remus appeared to be startled at the question and pondered on it for a moment looking at the boy quizzically. 

"No...they didn't" answered the Lupin man hesitantly "What are you getting at?" he frowned in curiosity.

"It's just..you said that her animagus form was a dog..like Sirius, only..tan and black..and well back at Hogwarts..I saw a dog and a black snake walking away from the castle, a dog just like what you described"

"Do you mean to say.." started Sirius almost not believing what he was hearing "That you think she could be alive?"

"Don't get your hopes up Sirius" warned Remus "A snake you say? and they were together?"

"Well..not exactly but the dog was following the snake-"

"Harry it was probably just a stray from hogsmeade and a common grass snake" said Hermione sympathetically 

"But I might not have been mione!" exclaimed harry desperately "What if she's alive?" he started "What if she's hiding so she had to fake her own death? What if it's an order mission?" 

"Who would she be hiding from Harry?" sighed Hermione "You're giving yourself false hope"

"Voldemort!" exclaimed the boy exasperatedly 

"For fourteen years?" frowned the bushy haired girl "It just doesn't make sense Harry. If she was hiding why did she lie to your dad? Why did she lie to Sirius, and Remus and the order? Why didn't she hide the same way that your parents did?"

"Because.." started Remus eyes widening in realisation "She has something that Voldemort wanted..and after he died he still had many loyal death eaters..she could have been hiding from them..but what if she isn't hiding? What if she was on a mission for Dumbledore specifically? A secret one." 

"That still doesn't explain why she would have lied to us Moony" grumbled Sirius sadly "She's dead alright" he huffed "has been for fourteen years, so leave it alone!" and with that the heartbroken man stormed out of the room millions of thoughts, hopes and doubts filling his mind. 

"She lied because by then we all knew of a mole in the order" spoke Remus "It's far fetched and really a conspiracy theory but she could be alive.." nodded Remus 

"How would you prove it?" frowned Ron confused 

"You can't" stated Remus "Eloise was always good at hide and seek" said the man reminiscing "She won't be found unless she wants to be."

"That still doesn't explain the snake!" exclaimed Hermione "You're being ridiculous all of you, surely if she were alive she would come to see Harry? I mean he's her nephew for Christ's sake!" 

"Not if she wasn't allowed she wouldn't" frowned Remus 

Harry zoned out of the conversation and debate remus and Hermione were now having as he continued to think about all of the possibilities of what could have happened until a sudden realisation dawned upon him. "Dumbledore!" exclaimed the boy wide eyed

"What? What's he got to do with anything" frowned Ron in pure confusion

"When I was speaking to Dumbledore about my aunt, he hinted at Regulus Black..said they were very close or something" dismissed the scarred boy "They had history as we know right? Well Sirius told us about the necklace she gave him, and he gave her when he died.."

"Where are you going with this?" sighed the ginger boy

Harry glared at his best friend before continuing with his sentence "If my aunt had that necklace that belonged to Regulus..then someone else must know something, because someone took the necklace to aunt El..someone else delivered the news of his death to her..someone else told her something-" hinted the boy and the three's eyes widened in realisation.

"Surely you don't mean-" started Hermione

Harry simply nodded "Regulus Black told someone else about Eloise. That someone else must have seen her several times before she died. He trusted another person..or creature..to tell her everything..and they did."

"But who?" frowned Ron obliviously

Suddenly there was the familiar grumbling of the moody house elf that resided in Grimmauld Place. The elf grumbled about "Mudbloods, half-breeds and blood-traitor brats contaminating my mistresses home"

The four pairs of eyes suddenly focused on the moody elf who held a rag in it's hand and Remus' eyes widened in unison speaking the word, the name that they were all thinking as the Elf looked at them in confusion.

"Kreacher"