I wish I had a choice

"Good evening Mr Potter" Dumbledore greeted Harry

"Professor..I wondered if I could ask you something-"

"Eloise Potter was a very gifted and talented witch.." announced the wizard as if he had read Harry's mind. 

The Potter boy said nothing and instead waited for him to continue. 

"She was brave and loyal, and would do anything to protect her friends and family..." the Professor said looking into the Potter boys eyes. "As you are aware her and Sirius Black were romantically involved with each other for some time. It is what happened during their relationship that started a series of events ultimately leading to her assassination" 

"Assasination? She was assassinated? I thought she was killed by death eaters?" said Harry slightly bewildered. 

"Miss Potter obtained some information about the death eaters..that would have led to the downfall of lord Voldemort had it got out...this would have put a large target on her back. Voldemort was unaware that she of course had this information until she told the order and-"

"Pettigrew told him didn't he? He told Voldemort what my aunt knew."

"Not quite Harry" said the professor "You see, she knew of the mole in the order and did not want to share the information with anyone but myself and James"

"Not even Sirius? Did she not trust him?" 

"Of course she trusted him Harry, but with such information you must be cautious, Sirius was and still is a reckless man, if anyone knew he had that information he would have been tortured and killed for it-"

"Is that what they did to her? My aunt?"

"They did not kill her solely for what she knew, but it played a large role in her death."

"Why did they kill her then?" 

"Because of something she had." 

"What did she have?"

"That I can not tell you, because I myself do not know, it is a mystery we may never solve" 

"Who did it?"

"All in good time Harry. All in good time. But if you want to know more she was quite close with one Regulus Black." He winked over his half moon spectacles. 

--------------

"Reg!" Exclaimed Eloise as the youngest Black threw her over his shoulder.

"El!" he mimicked back in a high pitched voice.

"I do not sound like that!" she laughed.

"Yes you do." 

"Piss off" she grumbled 

"Piss off"

"Stop copying me."

"Stop copying me."