And they were soulmates

"Ready?" Said Eloise waiting for Lily to grab her wand 

"Yep." said the red head

the two girls made their way down into the common room greeting the boys at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Finally!" sighed James "Took you long enough."

"Oh be quiet you big baby" scolded Eloise 

"Ready to go?" said Lily a small smile on her lips

James' gaze locked onto her and they held each others eyes for a few moments longer until Eloise cleared her throat making the two tear their gazes away from each other and onto her. 

"D'ya bring dads cloak JJ?" 

"I- uh- yeah, right here" said the boy pulling out the silky piece of fabric showing his smirking sister, who was sending him a knowing look.

"Right then let's go" shrugged the Potter taking the cloak from her brothers grasp pulling everyone under it.

"Wait." said Sirius fumbling around in his pockets for something then pulling out a folded piece of parchment. Meeting the confused gazes of the two girls he answered their questioning eyes "The map"

"Map?" said Lily with furrowed eyebrows 

"Of Hogwarts" answered Peter

"Shows everyone in the school, and where they are, and how they move" said Remus smugly.

"W-what if it lies."

"The map never lies." scoffed Sirius "Why'd you think we never get caught?" he said winding an arm around Eloises waist pulling her into him as he handed the map to James.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" mumbled the boy pointing his wand at the map. He scanned the paper for a moment before guiding the group "this way" he directed them down a deserted corridor and round a corner passing a couple of snogging Ravenclaws. 

Finally the group found themselves in front of a wooden door, Sirius was the first to step forward opening the room and finding themselves in a huge empty room, decorated with mirrors. 

"Wow." Lily said in awe 

"Tell me about it" followed Eloise gazing around the room in a dazed state.

"Shall we?" grinned James 

The group grinned and began trying to teach the girls to conjure a patronus. After an hour with no such luck, other than a silver mist out of each of their wands. Eloise was close to giving up.

"It's no use!" she pouted in defeat

"Don't stress love" said Sirius comfortingly "You're thinking too hard about it, just focus on a happy memory, or person, the happiest moment in your life." 

"Okay" she nodded raising her wand once more "Expecto Patronum!" 

A large dog burst out of the end of her wand. The animal ran around the room as it swivelled between each of the boys. Sirius stared at the girls patronus a joyous laugh falling out of his lips.

Eloise thought it was because he was proud of what he was doing, but as James saw the shape her patronus took form in, he realised it was so much more, he looked at his best mate and sister. Seeing just how in love they were. but seeing her patronus and watching as Sirius cast his and it chased hers round the room nuzzling into it, James realised his sister had found her soulmate. They were soulmates. Or at least he thought they were. 

-----

Unlike Eloise, lily was unable to cast a patronus. And was venting to the girl about it the next day 

"I just wish I could have done it" sighed the girl sadly

"Don't worry Lils, you just need practice- besides James will teach you!" comforted Eloise "Right James?" she said turning to her brother who had walked into the room.

"Huh? What? Yeah of course!" 

"See?"

"You'd do that for me?" Lily asked softly 

"Yeah course I would" he shrugged 

But he was caught off guard and arguably so was lily when she made the bold move to jump up from where she was sitting and throw her arms around the boy. "Thank you" she mumbled into his chest.

James hesitantly returned the hug holding her whilst he could "Anytime" he whispered back. Removing his arms and stepping away from the red head clearing his throat. "Tonight?" he asked 

"Yeah alright" nodded the girl "I'm gonna go find Alice" the girl told Eloise failing to hide the blush on her cheeks.

"Alright" smirked Eloise as her best friend walked out of the room and up to their dormitory. Eloise whipped her head round to look at her twin who was staring at Lily's retreating figure.

She looked at the boy with a raised eyebrow. He looked at her with a glare "Shut up"

"I didn't say anything" she raised her hands defensively

-----

Later that night Eloise was sat in the boys dormitory James had already left with Lily and Eloise was curled up into Sirius' side laughing at something Peter was doing. 

"Hi, I'm Lily Evans and I claim to hate James Potter but we have some serious sexual tension and I should just snog him already but he's an arrogant toe-rag" said Peter in a high pitched voice imitating Lily, making the friends laugh hyserically.

"Ooh! Do me! Do me!" she laughed 

The mousy boy nodded retreating into the bathroom, and returning moments later lips painted red and hair charmed to appear a dark brown. 

"Hi I'm Eloise and I love to shag Sirius Black-" 

But the boy was cut off as the door burst open revealing James waltzing in with a dazed look on his face until he caught onto what the boy said. "Sorry what"

"I-I" stuttered the small boy blushing a bright red 

Remus took it upon himself to save the boy the little dignity that he had left as he swiftly changed the subject ignoring Sirius and Eloise's snickers. "What's got you looking so dazed"

This caught Eloises attention "He was with Lily" she shrugged making the boys look between the twins in shock "He was helping her to cast a patronus" 

"Ohhhh" they said in unison

"But why are you so happy Prongs?" said Sirius curiously 

James smiled the dazed look returning to his face as he flopped onto his bed sighing dreamily.

"Her patronus was a doe" 

a/n- I managed to squeeze in an update today I felt bad for not doing it yesterday, thank you all for the supportive messages. I stayed up late last night in order to get as much of my homework as possible out of the way and succeeded in doing so thankfully so, I don't believe I have any reason not to update unless I get writers block again. Love you all <3

What country is everyone from? I'm from England :)