Old Memories

Harry sat in the living room of number Twelve Grimmauld Place an old photo album on his lap as he stared at a photo of his parents and their friends, he recognised almost everyone in the photo, but there was one face that he was unfamiliar with, s...

Harry sat in the living room of number Twelve Grimmauld Place an old photo album on his lap as he stared at a photo of his parents and their friends, he recognised almost everyone in the photo, but there was one face that he was unfamiliar with, standing beside his father, with Sirius' arm round her waist a large smile on her face as he looked down at her in adoration. She had dark hair that flowed down her back and framed her face perfectly, she couldn't be any taller than 5,3' and wore flared jeans that made her legs look that much longer. She was clearly beautiful there's no denying that, but harry had no recollection of the dark haired woman. He was so focused on his thoughts he didn't notice the sound of the kitchen door opening and people walking out. Remus Lupin stood in the doorway to the living room looking over Harry's shoulder at the photograph he had in his hand. 

'She was your mothers best friend.'

Harry jumped, startled at the sound of his voice turning around to face Remus. 'what happened to her?'

'Killed. By Death Eaters, just a few months before your parents actually, we were all heartbroken, lily was devastated, Sirius was in pieces of course he was in love with her, they were inseperable, merlin forbid anyone looking at her in the wrong way, he adored her, no one saw it coming the Sirius Black the playboy the womaniser falling in love, but she did it, she stole his heart. Its hard to decide who was more torn up over her death, him, or James.'

'Why would my father be upset? were they secretly in love or something?'

Remus let out a small chuckle at this 'Merlin no! they were twins, practically joined at the hip, after she died James was never the same again, it was like he lost half of himself, he blamed himself for her death, felt like he failed himself as a brother, and didn't protect her enough. of course that's not true, it was so unexpected no one was prepared for what was going to happen that night, she was alone, and cornered. We believed they did it to serve as a warning. But no one really knows why. Lily lost her best friend, James lost his twin, and Sirius well he lost a soulmate-'

'What was her name?'

Sirius walked into the room with a teary smile he looked at Harry and Remus.

'Her name was Eloise Euphemia Potter.'

The two turned around to look at the curly headed man in the doorway and Harry pretended not to notice the tear that fell down his cheek. Remus sent the man a sad but comforting smile. Harry debated on asking the question he was dying to know the answer to, but he took a chance.

'Sirius?'

'Yes?'

'Was she really your soulmate?'

Sirius sent the boy a smile and took a seat next to the boy as he struggled to form words. 

'I believe so, yes. I never felt that way about anyone before, but I messed it up and I just got her back, then she was taken away from me, just like that.' His voice began to break at the end and Remus took over for him.

'Their patronus', like your parents Harry. matched. dogs, almost identical, both of them, there's no doubt in the world that they were soulmates.'

Harry smiled at the scarred man before talking to no one in particular. 'Tell me about what it was like. What they were like, together. what Hogwarts was like when you were there, what she was like.'

Sirius gave the boy a huge grin 'Well she was the most beautiful woman i've ever met-'

Remus grinned and interrupted the man 'and her and your father were like Fred and George together, only worse. They even pranked McGonagall a few times' Sirius chuckled at that. 

'Now where do you want to begin?'

'Tell me about when you became friends'

Remus and Sirius looked at each other with matching grins on their faces leaning forward and looking at the boy as they started to remember the summer of 1976.

a/n: hiya, this is a short chapter but I promise the next will be longer, anyway this is my first story i've published and i've not got a cover yet, but i'm going to try to update it daily.

there will be smut and ill put a warning at the beginging

ENJOY!!