A Stag pt1

a/n- this one is a bit shorter cos its split into two parts, don't want to spoil it, however, the second part won't be until later on, maybe three or four chapters later, possibly more I don't know. Not too many. Anyway, love you all. Gonna have some Dumbles action soon. I hate him but luv him in this for now idk if ima make him a prick yet.

 I hate him but luv him in this for now idk if ima make him a prick yet

James Potter was beyond excited. His sister sent him a patronus just hours ago with the fantastic news that she is now aware of the gender of her babies. And of course he wasted no time in running into the store grabbing variations of baby products both pink and blue. His sister was due to give birth now in just two months, and order activity has been chaotic, attacks resuming once more as Voldemort searched for Eloise Potter. 

James darted down the cobbled road the hot sun creating beads of sweat on his forehead. But the adrenaline and excitement that the man was feeling completely overpowered his discomfort. The boy panted breathlessly as he approached the door of the small cottage currently inhabited by his sister and brother-in-law. He struggled to carry the mountain of goods he had in his arms in preparation for his nieces or nephews or niece and nephew. He had spent a large sum of money buying little bows and socks, not to mention the small hats and the stack of toys he had stuffed in his pocket (Thanks to the undetectable extension charm). Knocking thrice on the door he awaited for someone to open it, being met by the grinning and joyous face of Sirius Black who ushered his best mate inside. 

Upon seeing the look of pure elation on his friends face James noticed the tears of joy that were in his eyes as he looked at his pregnant wife. Sirius looked the happiest he had ever been in the entirety of his twenty years of life and James could only assume it was all because of the tiny humans that resided in Eloises tummy. 

"So?" asked James breathlessly still carrying the gifts in his arms "What is it?"

"It's a boy" grinned Sirius "And a girl" he laughed in joy nearly sobbing in delight. James whooped in exhilaration, jumping for joy around the small living room as Sirius joined him laughing in happiness. "I'm gonna have a son and daughter!" he cheered happily "Oh merlin!" he said laughing pulling his wife up into a big hug "I love you." he said kissing her gently. 

"I'M GONNA HAVE A NIECE AND NEPHEW!" shouted James running around the house practically bouncing off the walls like a toddler on a sugar rush. "FUCK YEAH!" 

"Language!" scolded Sirius moving to cradle Eloises stomach "Not around the children" he whispered. 

"When does Lily find out?" asked Eloise softly leaning into her husbands touch James' face lighting up further. 

"She knows" said James biting his lip with a smile "Won't tell me though" he shrugged "Wants to wait until you and Sirius can see us all again, so we can all find out together. 

"It's a boy" said Eloise "I'm sure of it" she said adamantly 

"No" disagreed Sirius "I think it's a girl" 

"Well you're wrong" sung Eloise "It's a boy and Lily has already decided he will be called Harry"

"And he'll be a star quidditch player just like his dad" winked James 

"Youngest player in over a century" the twins finished in unison

"pack it up Trelawney" scoffed Sirius "didn't realise you two suddenly knew the future"

"Well we do" said Eloise ominously 

"Alright then" said Sirius "tell me my future" he teased 

"You'll die in 1996" said Eloise bluntly "Because of a spell. but it won't be a spell that will kill you"

"That's oddly specific" laughed Sirius "Should I be worried" he teased 

"no I'm messing about" laughed Eloise "I'm not a seer"

"if you were" pointed out James "You'd be a shit one" 

"Awh thanks Jamesie" remarked Eloise sarcastically 

"I'm just saying" he shrugged "Not gonna elaborate on it though"

"Wouldn't expect you to Prancer" scoffed Eloise "'Elaborate' is stretching your vocabulary a bit don't you think? Didn't know you knew such big words"

"I'm a Stag!" defended James "And Lily got me a dictionary actually" scoffed the man "I bet you don't know what ozostomia is."

"Do you?" questioned Sirius with a small laugh 

"Yeah actually I do" he said haughtily "In fact the word kind of reminds me of you El"

"Why? Does it mean fantastically beautiful and ethereal" she asked dramatically. 

"No actually it means foul breath." he smirked bopping her nose as her cocky smile dropped into a glare. 

"That's it" she said "I'm teaching my children Taekwondo. And they are gonna kick your arse." she remarked snakily as Sirius wrapped his arms around her.

"Yeah right" he scoffed "Anyway. I'll be off. You let me know if you need anything yeah?" he asked his sister gently kissing her forehead and hugging Sirius "I love you" he smiled

"I love you too J" smiled El waving to her brother as he left her house. 

With the growing threat of Voldemort, the twins refused to leave each other without saying 'I love you' in fear that they may not see each other again and should it be their last words to each other, then they were meaningful. Despite promises that they had both made, neither of them were able to present each other with a guarantee of that promise being kept and therefore the words were spoken as a token of reassurance and hope. It was their newfound way of saying 'goodbye', because neither of them wanted to admit it but the chances were that a time would come when they had to say goodbye, but merlin did they hate that word because goodbye meant forever and one couldn't be without the other forever now could they? It's an absurd concept, and so instead of saying that treacherous word they substituted it with 'I love you'. 

But who would have thought that the one day that they forgot to say it, was the day they had to say goodbye?