Chapter 9.

N I N E
-the fight-

Mister Adams folded his paper together, as he looked around the class with a somewhat disappointed expression. "Well class, I've graded your assignments, and I'll just say I'm not quite satisfied. The average is a C, which isn't what I hoped for."

Louis sighed as he leaned with his elbows on the table. "Maybe you've been too strict,' he stated, shrugging slightly. The class started to laugh silently again, already slightly used to Louis' behavior.

Mister Adams narrowed his eyes, looking at Louis through his black glasses. "Mr Tomlinson, I want you to stay after class. I'd like to have a word with you." Most teachers couldn't stand Louis' behaviour, even if he only was three weeks at the school. He was often expelled from class, and above all, his math teacher couldn't take him, which was why he needed to change to another class. However, mister Adams was the only one who could quite take Louis' behaviour. Relatively. That was why he was quite surprised that he needed to stay after class.

"Okay, the assignments. We have 1 minute before the bell rings." He handed over the papers through the class. Giving some a reassuring small and some an encouraging nod.

Some students were quite glad, but most were disappointed. "Fuck, I've got a C,' Jack said, throwing his head back, 'my mum is going to kill me."

"Me too, I've got a F,' George murmured. Right then, the bell rang, and students strolled out of the classroom in dissapoint.

"I'll see you soon. Good luck,' Brian smiled, as they walked out of the classroom as well. At that moment, Louis still hadn't gotten his paper back. The room went silent, with only two people remaining. Louis and the teacher.

Mister Adams adjusted his glasses and looked up at Louis. "You mind coming to the front?" Louis grabbed his bag and once he was at the table in front of mister Adams, he dropped his bag and let himself fall into the chair. "Okay, so do you know why I wanted to talk to you?"

"Because of what I said?"

Mister Adams frowned in confusion, but when he knew what Louis was talking about, he shook his head. "No, I haven't given you your assignment back, because I wanted to talk about it with you."

Louis furrowed his brows and nodded, waiting for him to continue. "You did the assignment with Harry right? Styles?" Louis nodded again. Mister Adams folded his hands together with a frown visible on his face. "He was a student of mine, last year. I know the way he writes and I know how he write his assignments. That's how I knew which parts he wrote and which parts were written by you."

"Okay, so?" Louis asked, growing impatient. Waiting for him to get to the point.

"I just was... overwhelmed, surprised by your writing. In a very positive way. It was refreshing, and very unique. Something I haven't read in a long time."

"And you let me stay to tell me this?" Louis questioned, looking out the window, instead of at the teacher.

"Well, mostly because I don't understand something, which I hope you could enlighten me,' he paused for a few seconds, 'after I read it, I did some research. To my surprise your grades aren't good. Not on your previous school, and not on other subjects. Why may that be? Because I see what a talented student you are."

"Isn't that kind of my problem?" Louis asked in a sigh, then looking back at Mr Adams. His brows were furrowed as he held Louis' paper in his hands.

"It is eventually. But I'd like to help you."

"You can't help me." Louis huffed.

"Is there something wrong?... maybe at home? Or with you?"

"No everything is fucking perfect! This is why you let me stay after class? I'm fucking out of here." He stood up in irritation and anger as grabbed his bag.