Chapter 7.

S E V E N
-the assignment-

"So you're new at the school right?" Anne asked interestedly, as they were having dinner. Louis nodded. "Where are you from then?"

Louis frowned softly. "Hard to answer." He answered truthfully.

"Different places?" She questioned.

"Yeah, something like that."

"And you two became friends instantly?"

Louis looked at Harry and pointed back and forth between them. "Oh, we aren't friends."

Harry looked at him in confusion. "On our way,' he said.

"No—"

"We'll see,' Harry said quickly, trying not to be embarrassed with his parents.

"Do you have other friends at the school?" Anne asked, the father of Harry just quiet in anger at the other side of the table.

Louis shook his head. "I don't want to. I don't like people."

Anne looked at him in surprise. "He's friends with Juliet. You know? The little sister of Ray?" Harry quickly said.

"Oh, she's a sweet girl." Harry nodded. "Do you have hobbies?" Anne asked, trying to find something Louis likes to do.

"Nope." He did, a lot, but he seemed that would be something to talk about, and he just wanted them to dislike him.

"So what do you do all day?" The father of Harry asked monotony.

"Totally nothing." Louis shrugged.

"Don't you play sports?"

"Nope." He popped the 'P' and when he saw the face of the father of Harry, he knew he was on the right track. He didn't seem happy at all.

Irritated, more like.

"Actually, Louis practised with us last tuesday." Harry jumped in again, trying to prevent a disaster.

"Really? What was it like?" Anne asked.

"Well, I kind of hit your son with a basketball pretty harsh on his shoulder. Then I walked away after about five minutes of practice."

"You... hit him?"

Louis looked at the father of Harry and nodded. "I did. Pretty hard too."

"No, it wasn't that hard, and it was an accident,' Harry quickly said, his heart starting to beat faster.

"No, it wasn't."

"Yes, it was." He persisted.

"You know,' Louis then said, 'I'm just fucking bad at playing basketball. But if I were as good as your son, I wouldn't let my parents let me quit it, even as demanding they might be."

"Well, maybe your parents should be way more demanding in changing your attitude."

Here we go, Louis thought.

"Are you saying you don't like me?" Louis said as he fake gasped.

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Dad!" Harry exclaimed.

"Well, maybe I don't like you either,' Louis said without hesitation, looking him straight into the eyes.

"Then we have something in common."

"Dad, please stop,' Harry said begging, which made Louis kind of sad about the way he said it.