Chapter 59.

F I F T Y  N I N E
-saying goodbye-

Louis stepped out of his shoes and with the bag he had with him he walked out the hall, dropping the keys into a small wooden plate. He had been brought back home by Harry, who had dropped off Rose as well. When he realized the house was basically empty, he walked towards the kitchen to put his medicines back in place. Just when he wanted to walk up the stairs, he heard the front door slam shut. Eventually Scarlett appeared from the hall, and when she noticed him, she smiled warmly. "Hey," she greeted, "did you have fun?"

Louis nodded as she put her keys into the plate as well, walking into the house. "Yes, actually, it was quite fun."

"I'm glad," she put her sunglasses which first covered her eyes on the table, rubbing her blonde hair out her face. "Dan will come home in about half an hour. We wanted to go for a walk, are you coming along?"

Louis shrugged and smiled. "Sure, I'll first unpack my bag a little and get ready." She nodded before Louis walked up the stairs.

The bond between Louis, Scarlett and Dan had grown a lot since the courtroom. Dan and Scarlett were fighting so hard for him, which made Louis feel so wanted. But it was true. Dan and Scarlett really cared a lot about him, and they just wanted to keep loving him in their home.

To both of them Louis felt like their son already, and they wanted to be close to him for the rest of their lives. They had always wanted children, but weren't able to. Perhaps it was faith, because then they could find Louis who came on their path. He was special to them, and they fully accepted him in all the ways.

He was unique in his way of thinking, he just understood the world. Perhaps that was because of how much he had learned along the way. He was an intelligent person and very empathic, he could just see how someone felt in a blink of an eye. He could comfort people in the best way, and with being there he showed such convenience.

They also liked that he was such an own person, as he didn't care what anyone else thought of him, it showed confidence and it was just something beautiful about him.

Even though Scarlett and Dan already gave their full devotion to him, Louis still couldn't give it back. But when he walked with them through the park - just talking non-stop, laughing at their jokes and silly remarks - Louis hated himself for that. He finally felt like he was ready to really get to know them, and perhaps for them to get to know him too. It felt scary, yet exciting to him.

It wasn't only because he had known them for 8 months, but mainly just how they made him feel. Loved and wanted. They had actually fought for him in the courtroom, something no one had ever done before for him. But something was holding him back from opening up. And when they arrived at the house again, Louis had quieted down a little. He came to the realization that his past was holding him back, his trauma and memories. Then he realized that the only way to actually start a new life was to leave the other life behind. And that meant saying goodbye to it.

Harry halted the car, carefully turning his head towards Louis who was just staring out the window silently. "We're here," Harry gently said as he stopped the engine, making it suddenly silent.

The entire way Louis had said nothing, and Harry realized he didn't even want to be snapped out of his zone. Perhaps he couldn't. He had asked him if he was okay once he had stepped into the car, but he didn't answer him. Harry asked himself if he had even heard him, he just seemed lost in his own thoughts, and he knew he needed to leave him alone for a while. So he just drove to the address Louis gave him and they were in silence for at least two hours. It didn't really matter to him, because he knew Louis would have a good reason behind it, and he trusted him for that.