Chapter 49.

F O U R T Y N I N E
-family secrets-

Louis slackened his grip around Harry's waist, and as soon as the engine turned off he heard the birds sing happily again. He felt like he was one of those birds, he just felt so happy and eccentric in the best way possible as if nothing could ever stop him. They had the most beautiful night, and eventually both fell asleep underneath the bright moon. They woke up with no direction of time, since they both hadn't taken their phones so as soon as they woke up, they decided to just drive back towards Scarlett and Dan.

Louis was smiling as he jumped off the motorcycle, just like Harry, who was still a lot taller than him, even after those months. However, his smile faded when he saw Dan and Scarlett standing in front of the house. It wasn't them why Louis was suddenly so confused, it was because of the way they looked. They both looked like they had barely slept, both in their pyjamas and dressing gown. Both of them had their phones in their hands, and it seemed like they were calling someone. He tilted his head to the side a little in confusion, he and Harry standing still on the other side of the road.

But when Dan crossed eyes with Louis, he saw him gasp and in seconds he sprinted towards them over the road, without even looking if cars were approaching. He suddenly halted when he stood in front of them, in panic looking back and forth between Louis and Harry. Louis softly bit the inside of his cheek. "I'm sorry for taking your motor," he apologized, after which Dan's eyes widened before he blinked in confusion.

"You think I care about a stupid motorcycle? I was so worried about you!" He suddenly hugged his arms around him tightly, holding his right hand protectively over the back of his head. "You're okay, you're okay," he reassured himself, "wait, you are right?" He suddenly weakened his grip over him, holding his cheeks with his hands and scanned his face. Louis nodded quickly as he was quite overwhelmed and startled.

"Y-yes, I'm okay," he swallowed quickly.

"Thank god," Dan sighed, making Louis smell the coffee in his breath, as if he had tons of cups already. "You're okay too?" He asked Harry, scanning his face too, to see if he was okay.

Harry nodded silently, "I'm sorry. I was the one taking Louis for a drive and then we got to a nice place, and just stayed there." Scarlett arrived as well, as the relief in her was not to be missed.

"I'm so glad you're okay! But please, just answer your phones or just let us know! God knows what could've happened!" She frantically said. They both hadn't taken their phones with them, but they still nodded silently.

"I'm sorry," Louis softly said, just like Harry apologized, "were you really worried?" He asked carefully, looking up at both of them.

"Yes of course we were! Dan woke up at 6 for his work, but when he realized you two were suddenly gone, he woke me up and since then, we're trying to find you. We went to the park and your school already." Louis still looked at them in confusion, trying to understand what they were talking about.

"But why would you do all that?" He asked, which he figured sounded a little harsh, but Scarlett and Dan both didn't take in offense.

"Because we will always care about you, and about Harry," Scarlett said with a warm relieved smile, which made Louis' cheeks flush, looking back and forth between them.

"Really?" His voice was a little higher than usual, his lips slowly turning in a smile.

"Yes of course!" Dan nodded, and then laid his hand on Harry's shoulder. "I'm glad you guys are okay, but next time I'll have a heart attack." They both chuckled softly.

When Louis and Gemma were driving back to Manchester, Louis' mind automatically flashed back to the precious night. He could still feel the tingling sensation in his lips, he could still feel the warm lips over his skin and Harry's hands in his hair. He noticed how careful Harry was with touching him in places he wasn't sure Louis felt comfortable with and Louis appreciated that so much about him. He never pushed him into something and he always admired that.