Chapter 15.

F I F T E E N
-the new neighbors-

"What is it that you don't understand?" Louis asked, leafing through the math book to see everything she needed to know for the test.

"Erm, everything?" Juliet said carefully.

He nodded slowly, seeing how much they needed to study. "Okay, that's possible. When do you have to take this exam again?"

"In three days."

Louis widened his eyes a little, but then cleared his throat. "Well, let's start then. No time to lose." Just when Juliet wanted to grab her notebook, the doorbell rang.

She groaned, throwing her head back before standing up from the table. "I'll open the door,." Minutes later she came back, with Harry on her side. They greeted each other with a smile, and when Louis' eyes flicked down, he saw a basket with a lot of stuff in it in Harry's hands.

"What's that for?" Louis questioned.

"For Ray, he's sick for a couple of days already, so me and the team made this for him. What are you two doing?" Harry asked, seeing the books lay all over the table.

"Math, I've got an exam in three days, and I don't understand a thing."

Harry chuckled. "Same, I'm going to fail pretty bad."

"Well, deliver your package then, and come sit with Juliet. I'm the tutor today." Louis suggested.

Harry's eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah, of course,' Louis shrugged. Since Harry had done some nice things for Louis too, he couldn't bring himself to not do help him with this small thing

"Thanks! Erm, I'll be right back!" Harry sprinted upstairs with the basket.

Juliet smiled at Louis, sitting down again. "That's really nice of you."

He smiled timidly. "Shall we start at the beginning?" He suggested, leafing to the first page.

Juliet nodded and laid her own book open on the right page, then having some small talk as they were waiting for Harry to come downstairs again. When Harry entered the kitchen again and took a seat, Louis started explaining the entire chapter.

"Okay, five minutes of thinking are over. What is x in this equation?" Louis asked, after giving them the time for an example. They had already done an entire chapter and he then gave them a small example to see if they had actually understood it.

"I had x is 4.98,' Juliet said.

"I had 33.90,' Harry murmured, looking into his math notebook.

Louis nodded, 'Okay, let's follow the steps, all right?" They nodded in agreement. "Juliet, what's the first step?" Louis asked.

"Erm I thought I would get that thirdy on the other side."

"Does something happen to the thirdy?" Louis asked.

"Erm, no?" She tried.

"Harry?" Louis asked, seeing if Harry thought any different.

"I thought it'd become one." He tried, at which Louis nodded.

"Okay, so Juliet. Any non-zero expression raised to the power of 0 equals one. You understand?" She nodded silently, making notes of what he said. "Next step for Harry.

"I divided by five." He said, following his notes, "because the x squared was 5."

Louis nodded. "Very well,' he noted the steps, 'Juliet next?"