Chapter 36.

T H I R T Y S I X
-I like you-

After that heavy day, Louis took the bus again, meeting Rose on the way towards the bus. They had small talk and when the bus arrived, they sat together, Louis took the window seat which he always wanted and Rose sat next to him as they drove home.

The entire drive, rose realized Louis was a bit off, but she didn't really mind, since she was a big talker herself. She kept telling him about things that happened at school, the fresh gossips and then about the English assignment. "...Louis?" Rose asked.

He snapped out of his thoughts. "Yeah?"

She laughed, shaking her head slightly. "I was asking if you already started with your English exam."

"Ow, right. I was going to start today, what about you?" He asked, trying to keep his attention on her.

"Yeah, same. Kind of need a good grade."

"What did you get for the assignment then?"

"57. You?"

"93." He answered modestly.

"Jesus,' she laughed, shaking her head at the fact Louis kept getting good grades. Louis' mind wandered off again, while Rose kept talking, eventually she snapped her fingers in front of Louis, making him jump up in his seat.

"Sorry what?"

She looked at him with a questioning look. "What's going on with you?"

"Nothing." He murmured.

"Well, something definitely is. You keep spacing out!" Then she grinned softly and tilted her head to the side a little. "Someone on your mind?"

"What? No,' Louis laughed slightly in denial.

"Then what is?" She kept trying to get the answer.

"Just tired." But Louis was lying and he indeed kept thinking about something. Well, about someone. He kept thinking about what happened in the bathroom stall. How they stared at each other, and how Harry stared down at his lips. How they were only inches apart and what's more— the feeling Louis got from it. It was exciting, and that's exactly what he shouldn't have felt. He didn't want to have that kind of exciting feeling with anyone anymore. But then again, it didn't even mean anything to Harry, he figured. He was just confused by the whole break-up with Amber, Louis figured.

"Louis!" He jumped and laid his hand on his chest.

"Geez Rose, you're going to give me a heart attack!"

She chuckled. "Sorry, but didn't you hear anything about what I was saying?"

Louis shook his head, quite ashamed. She sighed, but then chuckled softly. "I was talking about what happened today. Did Amber and Harry break up, because Amber cheated on him? 9 times?"

"Three times, but yes, that's true,'' Louis sighed, still amazed by how fast the gossip went around the school.

She sighed. "Poor Harry."

"Yeah, he was quite upset." Then she snapped her fingers again, but didn't say anything, just a large grin playing her lips. "What?" Louis asked confusedly.

Rose just raised her eyebrows a little, frizzy curls hanging against her cheeks. "The bad boy and the soft boy huh?"

Louis blinked a few times, tilting his head a little. "What?"

"Literally everybody is talking about your hug with Harry. Nobody really expected that."

Louis didn't really know anything  to say, he shrugged just a little. "Why didn't Zayn bring you to school?" Louis asked instead.