Chapter 57.

F I F T Y S E V E N
-sharing the weight-

That Wednesday Harry and Louis decided to meet up in the evening at Louis' place, since it was the only day without practice. He heard the doorbell ring on exactly 8.00 pm, which made him wonder if the green-eyed boy had been waiting to ring the bell to be exactly on time.

In fact, Louis was right. He had indeed waited until it was the exact time, he didn't want to be too early nor did he want to be late. So even though he had stood there for four minutes already, he waited to ring the bell until his phone said it was 8.

Louis opened the door excitedly, happy to see him again, since they basically had to avoid each other at school and they could never be alone with just the two of them. But when Louis smiled, he saw the timid look in Harry's eyes as if he was nervous.

Louis' eyes slowly traced down Harry's body, and when his eyes fell upon his lower half, his smile vanished, as his lips parted. He was surprised, amazed and just stuck in admiring him. He was sharply gazing, and he realized his balance became worse, since he felt his feet swirl over the ground. When his eyes flicked back to Harry's again, he saw the hesitant look in his eyes, and his cheeks were flushed.

Louis just gazed down again, looking down at his olive-green comfy sweater. But underneath, he wore a black simple skirt. Then Louis smiled warmly, only for it to brighten fully, looking into Harry's eyes again.

"You look pretty cool."

Harry sighed out in relief. "Jesus, you made me so nervous, yet so comfortable."

Louis grinned, stepping to the side so Harry could enter. "So...," Louis carefully started, "your parents were okay with it?" He didn't want to bring it too harshly, so he said it slow and careful.

Harry chuckled. "My parents, okay with this? No way, I sneaked out. I actually wasn't allowed to go out today." Louis' eyes widened, as Harry kicked out his shoes and laid them neatly in the hall.

"Bold," Louis reacted, making Harry grin as he shook his head playfully.

"The things I do for you, Louis." Louis chuckled and then walked out the hallway with Harry following. But just when they entered the living room, Scarlett and Dan were grabbing their coats. They greeted Harry happily, as it just felt like he kind of lived there too. Both their eyes flicked to Harry's skirt.

"I wish I could pull it off like you," Scarlett reacted, at which Harry smiled shyly. He didn't even worry about wearing a skirt to Louis' place. He always felt so accepted and welcomed, unlike at his own house. There he needed to be careful how to act, how to dress and how to talk. At Louis', he just felt so much more free and accepted, feeling like he could be who he actually was.

"You really look great," Dan smiled, as he fixed the little collar of his jacket. "We're going to walk around a little. We'll be back in about an hour I guess, maybe two." They both nodded, and after having a little small talk, Scarlett and Dan stepped out the door.

"Won't your parent's notice when you arrive again?" Louis asked, as they walked upstairs, knowing how stern they were.

"I hope not, I'll climb through my window. I left it open."

Louis chuckled, taking two steps at a time up the stairs. "Yeah, because you're so good at climbing trees." Harry nudged him jokingly as he walked up the stairs. "No, but really, thanks for still coming."

His grin turned into a genuine smile, "anything, and," he started mysteriously, 'my parents are gone for the weekend, so why don't you stay over at my place for once?"