Chapter 61.

S I X T Y  O N E
-Romeo and Juliet-

Louis hopped out of his shoes once he stepped into the house. It was a Friday and he took the bus with Rose, since they ended with their English class. Louis had quite missed that class, because he really liked debating and just the entire ambiance of the group. It felt like a team.

It had been three weeks since he attended the school again. He even had his first test again, which he really studied hard for. It was a history exam, and he wanted to show Mr. Styles that he could actually do it, which might make him hate him less. So his entire week he spent studying for the exam he took that day. He was glad when he finally was done with all the studying as he dropped his bag in the kitchen to grab something to drink. Of all the subjects he had, he disliked history the most. Perhaps it was just because he had the most horrible teacher, even if he'd never say that to Harry.

He filled a glass of water as he looked at the clock which said half past 5. Harry said he'd come around 7 and he would stay the night. He really looked forward to that, because they hadn't really been only with the two of them in a week. In school, they tried to talk as little as possible, because they wanted to prevent getting caught by Mr. Styles. During lunch break, they tried to be casual, so they wouldn't be suspicious around Rose and Juliet. Finally, after school, Harry had mostly practice and Louis needed to study. So he was already smiling as he imagined Harry being by his side. He just looked forward to hugging him.

Relationships in books he read always made him imagine them. In books it seemed like a big part of a relationship was kissing and perhaps sexual intercourses, but in reality he realized it's so different for everyone. He realized that Juliet and Rose had such a close bond. They were just best friends having fun all the time and he realized they also liked kissing a lot. But in his english class he talked to Liam who apparently also has a girlfriend. In his relationship, they barely kiss or anything, they're just really close, but not in any sexual way. At least, that is what he's been told.

In the books he read, relationships are all about trust, boundaries, support and respect. But that is what friendships are about too. The only difference between friendships and relationships is that in relationships is an emotional and physical attraction. So theoratically, the only difference from a relationship is kissing and having sex, right? At least, that is what he always told himself before he actually started to like someone. He realized a relationship was much more than just kissing or having sex.

He just really liked spending time with Harry. There were so many sides of him. They could have a lot of fun, basically laughing the entire time. But, they could also just be there for each other, showing the support they might need at the time. But maybe that was their friendship, and that couldn't be called a relationship. The relationship part is the part where they kissed each other, carrised each other.

Louis just thought it was all bullshit, he thought that the friendship all together could be called a relationship, even if they didn't kiss. Because he just liked laying next to him. To just stare at him, smile at him, dance with him, talk to him—as long as he was with Harry, he'd be alright. He was his safe space.

And that was a part which he had never read in books. But perhaps it was different, because he and Harry weren't practically in a relationship.

They were just two friends, liking each other deeply.

Louis walked into the shed, first knocking on the door before he stepped in. Dan looked with a deep frown at two test tubes he held in front of him. He looked very concentrated, so Louis didn't say anything yet. He just waited for him to give a sign. So he silently leaned against the doorframe, looking at the entire workplace. It was quite neat, and well ordered.