Chapter 68.

S I X T Y E I G H T
-in love-

It had been two months since I told you I loved you. You still hadn't said it back. I didn't even say it again after the first time. Not because I was scared or nervous, but because I didn't want to pressure you into saying it back. That day you showed your trauma, your scars. God, you were so brave. Also, you were beautiful. You really were. I should've told you that more often, because you didn't see it.

You told me you wished things were different. I did too, Louis. You didn't deserve it. Even if you wouldn't see that. Ever since you showed me your true self, we got even closer than we already were. I was so scared that you'd push me away after showing me what you were most scared of. But you didn't. I also realized our love language was touching. We really loved making out, didn't we?

During that month I also came to the realization that Scarlett and Dan realized we were a bit more than friends. I don't know if they really knew what we were, but I know they noticed us touching a bit too much. We saw each other a lot, I also slept a lot at your place. Every time we had dinner with Scarlett and Dan, our legs were touching underneath the table. I think they both noticed, but never said anything about it. I was glad they didn't. I also found myself wearing skirts more often. You made me feel like I could be myself. You liked me best when I was myself.

I didn't want to start school again. I loved summer's break. We nearly spent every second together. I told my parents I had a girlfriend. I was away too often, and when they asked about me having a girlfriend, it just slipped. I knew I made everything worse, but I didn't care. My entire thoughts were wrapped around you, I was so deeply in love. Sometimes I cried. Hoping that one time you'd say that you loved me too. I was still insecure, even if you made me feel confident.

My basketball competition started again as soon as school started again. You came to every game and I made sure you always got the best spot. I would always wave at you, and you'd sometimes blow me a kiss. I'd always play better if you did.

You also grew closer and closer to Juliet and Rose. I did too, but sometimes it was a little frustrating to see you being so close with them, because I simply wanted you for myself. I wish I wasn't that jealous, but I am. I did try to loosen up a bit, it worked sometimes.

You also started to get closer to Niall, you even went to a play of him. He played the black swan. You went with Juliet to see him. You asked me to come too, but I figured it would be more fun if you went with the two of you. It was against the jealousy I felt, but I knew you weren't only mine. You told me a lot about it. You sounded so passionate. "He flew over the dance floor!" "I couldn't believe my eyes!" You sounded so happy. And seeing you smile like that, made me happy too.

How I missed that smile of yours.

"Did you see that!" Louis exclaimed excitedly over the loud cheering of the crowd. The ball bounced back to the ground after Harry threw it perfectly through the hoop. He jumped up from his seat and applauded, yelling excitedly, together with the crowd of people.

Dan and Scarlett were applauding along. Harry looked their way, and smiled brightly. When the crowd silenced again, they sat down on their chairs.

"He's playing incredible," Dan stated, the game going on for about 40 minutes already.

"He always does," corrected Louis, sitting on the very edge of the seat. He was genuinely glowing, constantly a smile on his face as his eyes never left Harry.

Someone from the opposite team was bouncing the ball up and down to the floor, taking a fast sprint suddenly. He only wasn't fast enough before Ray technically took over the control and quickly passed the ball to Chuck. He turned his body around, making number 29 from the other team miss the ball. He took a small sprint and right when he was at the end of the hall, he passed the ball up in the air, where Harry dunked the ball into the net, literally jumping over a boy from the opposite team. They applauded again loudly, cheering through the large hall, where a throng of people were watching.