Chapter 38.

T H I R T Y E I G H T
-Confessions-

About ten minutes later Louis heard the bell ring, and after considering not opening it at all, he stomped to the door, and opened it with a grim expression. Harry just stood there with a smile on his face.

"Stop fucking smiling, I never wanted you here in the first place." Harry however didn't listen to that as he had his hands folded behind his back, still smiling. Then he revealed his hands, or more likely: the bottle of liquor. Louis' mouth fell open, and looked back and forth between the bottle and Harry's eyes.

"What the fu—"

"I know, I know. It's just, I got it from my dad and I didn't want to drink alone." He explained, as if that made everything clear for Louis.

"We both don't even drink!" Meanwhile, Harry stepped into the house, and shut the door behind him. "Yeah sure come in,' Louis said indignantly in sarcasm.

"Did you forget how drunk you were last time?" Harry chuckled as a reaction of Louis' previous statement that they both didn't drink.

"That's not going to happen again, and you barely drink."

"True, but I kind of need it right now. I keep thinking about everything with Amber, and how I could've done things differently, I just need to get my mind clear." Louis groaned, looking how Harry put his jacket on the coat rack, and then smiled at Louis. He just rolled his eyes, turning around and walking further into the house, Harry followed behind him. He was a lot taller than Louis, and certainly when he still wore shoes while Louis only walked on his socks. Louis sat down on the couch, leaning backwards and crossing his arms, waiting for Harry to go again.

"Where are your glasses?" Harry asked. Louis looked up at Harry, his cheeks were flushed by the cold weather and he wore a red beanie, making his curls visible underneath it.

"Upstairs." He said simply.

"Don't you need them?"

"I'm fine like this."

"Cool." Harry sat down beside Louis, making Louis move a little away, so they kept their distance. "What's going on with you?" Harry then asked, it wasn't in a rude tone, just a soft one.

"You've changed too,' Louis just said, so he didn't have to answer, but he was truthful when he said that Harry had changed.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, furrowing his brows slightly.

"You're more stubborn than usual,' Louis explained. Harry still didn't understand, so Louis illustrated: "you didn't even ask to come over, yet you still did. Previously, you'd never do that."

Harry bit the inside of his cheek. "Maybe I didn't only come for you, but I just wanted to see you as well." Louis fell silent of his sudden answer he didn't expect at all, his heart even jumped at it, a warm feeling rushing through him.

"How are things with your parents?" Louis asked, trying to distract his feelings.

"They didn't like the fact that Amber and I broke up. My dad, actually." He admitted in a sigh.

"Well, why don't they get into a relationship with her if they like her so bad. I think it's good of you, making your own decision." Harry softly smiled at Louis, showing his two dimples.

Louis just didn't know how to act around Harry. He felt like he could be completely himself around him, but he wouldn't let himself do that. He felt so safe and content near him, but he knew that was wrong. That he shouldn't have that feeling, it would only be a matter of time then, because good things turn into bad ones. He tried so hard to keep his distance and act rude around him, but he slowly let that guard down after about 3 hours without even realizing it. They had made two pizzas and then they sat in the room of Louis, laying on the bed.