Chapter 18.

E I G H T E E N
-I wish I was more like you-

The next day, Juliet went home around 2 pm. They had awoken around 12, probably because they started sleeping around 4 am. So Louis walked her to the bus and then walked back again. "She seems like such a sweet girl,' Dan said, once he walked in the house again. After two minutes of small talk, he walked upstairs, not really knowing what to do. He saw on his phone he got an email from his math teacher, which made him sigh softly as he sat down on his bed and opened it. Test results. He frowned, because it usually took teachers quite long to grade them. Usually he wasn't nervous or anything, but then he was. He had actually studied for it, and he wanted that to work out.

He opened the mail: 'Hi students, I've graded your tests, I didn't want to keep you waiting, because this was an important one. Hope you're glad with the results, if not, it could be a hint to study harder next time. See results in appendix.' It said. Louis opened the appendix and searched for his name. Eventually he found it. Louis Tomlinson - A. He read it over and over again, as he just couldn't belief it. He started to laugh in disbelief, blinking a few times. He could actually do it. He could hear the words of his mother in his head: anything is possible, if you just go for it.

So he did the first thing he could think off, calling the person he promised to call if he would be satisfied with something. "Hi?" A voice said from the other side of the line.

"Hi, this is Louis."

"Hey, Louis!" Harry said enthusiastically, 'Are you calling me, because you read Mr Adams email?" He asked.

Louis frowned softly. "No, actually, I promised to call when I felt happy or sad or anything."

"I hope it's happy, but I'll listen to you if you're sad," Harry said, as Louis could just hear him smile.

"Well, I'm glad,' Louis answered, fiddling with his laces to get his shoes off.

"That's great! What happened?" He asked.

"Erm, do you remember when you said I needed to try studying and I promised would?"

"Yeah, of course I do."

"Well, I did, and I got an A,' Louis said quite shyly.

Harry gasped from the other side. "Are you kidding!?"

"No, I'm not,' Louis smiled a little in himself, biting the inside of his cheek gently.

"That's great! I knew you could do it! Tell me honestly, how does it feel?"

Louis thought about it a few seconds, before answering, "Honestly, it feels fucking great." He heard Harry laugh. It went silent, both of them just breathed softly through the phone. "Is everything okay?" Louis asked after a few seconds.

It made Harry chuckle. "You know, you're the only one who can find out how I feel through my voice on a call."

"So there's something wrong?" Louis asked in clarification.

"Well, not really, it's okay. I just had an argument with my girlfriend, but it'll be fine."

"What happened then?" He asked carefully.