Chapter 24.

T W E N T Y F O U R
-feminism-

"Today, we're going to talk about feminism,' Mr Adams announced, he folded his hands together as he walked through the class, suddenly he turned to a boy named Jordan. "Jordan, tell me. What comes to your mind with this topic?"

"Personally, I think it's kind of overrated. Sure, women do have their good aspects, but that doesn't mean they can achieve the same as men."

"That is such a bullshit thing to say,' Louis said out loud, looking at Jordan with an irritated expression. The class turned to him, including mister Adams.

"Okay, Louis,' he said, giving the cue for him to speak further by hand gestures.

"In my opinion, Feminism is a theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes - this is by definition about equality, first and foremost."

"Jordan?" Mr Adams said, ready to start the discussion between Jordan and Louis. "People often talk about groups of women and if those rights of women were violated in public, something would be done about it. The media puts too much attention on it, causing people to pay attention and—"

"Not at all,' Louis interrupted, dropping his hands harshly on the table, a strong gaze towards Jordan, 'that's just what you like to think. Since many of women's rights violations occur in the private sphere of family life, and are justified by appeals to cultural or religious norms, both families and cultures have come under critical scrutiny."

"Jordan, anything to say?" Mr Adams asked, since it stayed silent between the two. Jordan shook his head slowly, not having anything to say. "Well done, you two." Louis leaned back in his chair, raising an eyebrow at Jordan with a smirk, making sure that he knew Louis had won.

"Dude,' George whispered from beside him. Louis looked at him. "You totally killed that." Then Jack turned around. "I see what you did there, lad."

Louis frowned. "What do you mean?"

Jack laughed. "You literally talked about women's rights and stuff. I mean, all the girls are already drooling over you. But when you talked about women like that, I could literally see them fall in love with you."

Louis looked around him, seeing most of the girls looking at him with a sweet expression. Then he looked back at Jack. "I wasn't saying that to—"

Jack gave a wink. "Good one."

After class, when everybody already was out of the classroom, Louis grabbed his books, walking over to Mr Adams. "You were good at the discussion. A strong clear opinion,' he complemented Louis.

"I actually wanted to, erm, talk about what you said a week ago,' Louis said.

"Ow, I say a lot of things, which are you referring to?" Mr Adams asked, adjusting his glasses and then looking up to Louis with a smile.

"Erm, a school group. An extra English class, debate or so?"

Mr Adams' face lit up. "You changed your mind?" Louis nodded.

"Great! I really think you'd like it, and I think you'd be really good." Then Louis had to fill in a paper, and after he did, he gave it back to Mr Adams.

"Great, so every Friday after school. This classroom."

Louis nodded and then walked out of the room. Only to be scared by Harry who was stood behind the door of the classroom. "Geez, you scared the shit out of me!"

Harry laughed. "I'm sorry." He sounded unconvincing.

"Why are you standing here?" Louis then asked crossing his arms after he closed the door of the classroom.