Chapter 43.

F O U R T Y T H R E E
-development of a person he is (not)-

Louis was abruptly woken up by the curtains being ripped open. He groaned, pressing his head into the soft pillow, squeezing his eyes shut from the light. "Good morning, we'd like you to be ready in 30 minutes. Breakfast will be served in the room next to where you had dinner yesterday,' A woman-voice said, and then she walked out of the room. With a groan he sat up straight in the bed, his face still grim, and his eyes pinched shut from the light. After he just sat like that for about 2 minutes, he grabbed his phone to see the time. 8.45 it said. He sighed and crawled out of the bed, walking on his bare feet out of his room. He almost walked onto Gemma, which made him squeal, as he stumbled a bit back, holding his heart which was rising.

She chuckled. "Are you okay?"

She scanned him from head to toe, seeing his hair messy, his face sleepy and saw he was still in his pyjama's. "Where are you going?"

Louis gave a questioning look, 'to the bathroom. I just woke up."

She grinned again. "I see, but you do know you have your own bathroom in your room?"

Louis tilted his head to the side. "I do?"

She chuckled, shaking her head a little, walking forward as she grabbed the door handle. "Can I come in?" She asked politely for approval. Louis nodded, after which Gemma walked in and Louis followed her. She walked to the right corner of the room, where there was a wooden classical door. She opened it, and pointed the direction with a smile. "There you go."

Surprised, Louis walked in the bathroom, looking around him in amazement, it was so beautiful and huge. He never noticed that door, but that was probably because his room was that big. "Thanks,' Louis murmured, and Gemma gave a nod, before she left the room again.

Louis had breakfast alone. The house was so big, yet so quiet. He hadn't even seen anything in the neighborhood, maybe he could walk around a little in the afternoon, he thought. After he was done having breakfast, he grabbed the plate and stood up. He felt a little uncomfortable, being in such a big room all by himself, he just was afraid of making any sound, since everything was so quiet. So he carefully walked out of the room, then seeing one of the maids, who smiled at him.

"What are you doing with that plate? You can just leave all your things, we'll clean it for you, don't worry. You have an appointment in 15 minutes." She grabbed the plate and walked away, while Louis still stood there. It went quiet again, only hearing her footsteps fade away in the distance, hearing her heels tap on the marble floor. He walked up the stairs again, not really knowing what to do, but since he apparently had an appointment in 15 minutes, he figured it would be best if he was in his room. So he just brushed his teeth and then drew a little in the sketchbook before there were knocks on the door. When he looked at the clock, he saw it was exactly 10:00, as if they counted every second until 10 am. Louis wondered if everything was so strict constantly, because it seemed like it was right then.

"Yeah, come in,' Louis murmured, and they didn't waste any time in throwing the door open, and stepping inside. She looked like a somewhat eldery woman around her 40's, but her aura was so calm and sweet. She then snapped her fingers after putting down a bag, and it only took seconds before racks of clothes were rolled into the room. Louis' eyes widened in surprise as he looked at everything that was happening. All the people left again, leaving only the woman and Gemma. The woman put her hand out for Louis to shake. "Polly,' she introduced, as Louis shook it.

"Louis,' he murmured back.

"Stand up for me, please." She was so quick in talking and saying everything, which made Louis think she was in a hurry. She seemed chaotic, but lovely really. So he stood up, after resting his pencil on his desk, and closing his sketchbook. "O boy,' she sighed in disappointment, 'you've never done this have you?" Louis just furrowed his brows a bit, tilting his head to the side a little, of course no one has, he thought. However, what she actually meant was the fact that his posture wasn't perfect. She put her hands on his shoulders and tilted them back firmly, making Louis flinch by the sudden movement, and then she pulled away.