Chapter 27.

T W E N T Y  S E V E N
-drunk thoughts-

The next day, Harry was the first to wake up. They were still muffled under the blankets, in the same position as the previous night. Louis' hand was still intertwined in his, and his head was still against his chest. Harry could feel Louis' warmth through the fabric of his shirt, making him feel so soft and warm. Harry smiled as his hand made silent movements through Louis' messy hair. He always loved doing that, and he knew Louis liked it too. Harry had never seen this side of Louis before: so vulnerable and soft, and he hoped it wouldn't be the last time. It just felt right. Without being aware of it, he compared this moment to the time he laid like that with Amber. Before Harry could even think properly, Louis woke up, Harry could tell from the movement.

Louis rubbed his eyes open with his hands, then he looked around, but his vision was limited by the blanket. "Hi,' Harry said softly. Louis jumped and yelped, and as he looked up, he crossed eyes with Harry. His eyes widened, and quickly backed off as he struggled to get out of the blankets. Harry followed him, and sat up in the bed like Louis, who made sure there were at least 2 meters between them.

"What the fuck,' Louis breathed out as he couldn't bring himself to look him in the eyes, 'why did you do that!"

Harry furrowed his brows at that, stroking a few curls out of his vision. "What? You were just so scared of the thunder, and I comforted you, there's nothing wrong with that."

"Yes, there is! Why did you do that?" Louis exclaimed.

"Why did I do that? You literally asked me not to leave." Harry was a little confused by his sudden outburst, but then again, Louis was quite unpredictable.

"I would never say that." He shook his head in a huff, as he couldn't remember saying that. Usually when he had moments like that, he was so prisoned in his memories, that he didn't remember anything after.

"You did." Harry grinned softly.

"Then it was an accident and you should've said no!" Louis still pursued.

Harry parted his lips at that. "That doesn't make any sense. Don't be ashamed."

"Why would I be ashamed?" Louis asked, meanwhile crossing his arms.

"Because you were crying against my chest while you held my hand." Harry explained, not being careful with his words, even though he knew Louis would persist it wasn't true.

Louis huffed, and shook his head firmly. "I wouldn't hold your hand. Ever." Something Harry expected him to say.

"You did, but that's okay."

Louis rolled his eyes, looking down after. "Don't tell anyone,' Louis then said quietly but sternly.

"About last night?"

"Yeah, what else. Just don't tell anyone - and especially Juliet - I don't really fancy thunder."

"Okay, I won't. But everybody has fairs, that's okay." He reassured with a soft smile, to show him that he cares.

"What's yours?" He looked up again into Harry's eyes.

Harry looked down this time, shrugging softy. "Losing someone close to me,' he answered softly. Louis swallowed, looking down at that as he closed his eyes for a second.