Chapter 39.

T H I R T Y N I N E
-Olivia and Noah-

Harry realized that every time he and Louis had a sleepover, he was the first to wake up. He figured that was because he usually got up early in the morning, frequently going for a run then. But he also remembered that Louis hadn't slept for about 4 days. When his brain fully started to function, he opened his eyes, blinking a few times before opening them. He felt a little cold, but at the same time so warm, especially from the inside. It was rather a spark of adrenaline. He furrowed his brows softly, and when he breathed in through his nose, he could smell a scent of vanilla. He had a small headache, it's not that he drank too much, but he wasn't used to alcohol. He remembered he was a bit tipsy, but not drunk, that is when he started to remember everything from the other night. The kiss on his thumb, the eskimo kiss they shared and just everything about Louis. He felt so warm and safe around him, in a way nobody else could.

In a way Amber couldn't make him feel.

His eyes fell on Louis' hand in his, and he realized Louis was cuddled up against his exposed chest. His skin started to tingle as he felt Louis' hot breath against the tender skin of his neck. About ten minutes passed, and Harry came to the realization he liked the way Louis made him feel happier. He liked the way Louis made him so confident but at the same time so shy. He could make him blush and make him laugh in a way nobody else could. And that made Harry scared at the first thought, but he wasn't a person to let himself worry over the first thought.

In the time Louis was still asleep, Harry started to see it as beautiful. It was okay that Louis made him feel that way. Maybe he still needed to figure out what it exactly meant, but it only took him 15 minutes to realize he wasn't scared of it anymore and just embraced it. The only thing he was scared of right then, is when Louis would wake up. Every time they had a sleepover and woke up like this, he would be upset, telling Harry to leave or just be really angry. And every time Harry didn't know what he did wrong. He was the type of a person that kept thinking about it, thinking about the millions of possibilities of what he could've done wrong -- he just couldn't let it go. He knew Louis would be mad again, it was just a matter of how mad he would be.

After about 30 minutes of driving himself crazy with possibilities, Louis woke up. Harry prepared himself for the worst, as Louis slowly loosened his cuddling position and made sure there was some space between him and Harry. He just held his breath as he saw Louis slowly opening his eyes, rubbing them open with his loose hand. He then laid eyes on Harry, who looked him in the eyes as well.

"You look scared,' Louis rasped as he just woke up.

"I-erm-It's just... nothing." Harry murmured.

"What is it?" He insisted.

"You're usually angry when you wake up."

Louis looked at their hands intertwined and he then realized that Harry was holding him so tight, as if he was afraid Louis would let go. "Could I have my hand back?" Louis asked, which might have sounded a little harsh, but that was only because his hand was basically being crushed, 'please?" He added.

Harry quickly let go, realizing he was in fact crushing his hand. "Sorry." Harry just waited for Louis' outburst, but it didn't happen. "Were you... drunk last night?" He asked carefully, trying to question if he remembers everything or if he did things he was aware of. A big part of him hoped he was aware of everything.

"I wasn't. Just a little tipsy. What about you?" Harry shook his head, and he could swear he saw a spark of relief in Louis' eyes. He blinked, and it was gone.

"So you remembered everything?" Harry asked carefully.

Louis nodded timidly, 'you?" He nodded. Then Louis softly smiled, his cheeks a little flushed and saw the same thing happening to Harry. Louis broke the gaze and grabbed hold of the blanket which laid around himself and folded it around Harry as well. "You must be cold." Referring to his exposed skin.