Chapter 37.

T H I R T Y S E V E N
-daydreams-

Louis had his head cupped, resting his face, while leaning on the table with his elbow. His eyes feathered shut, closing quietly, while he breathed softly through his nose. "What's going on with you?" Juliet asked in worry, her eyebrows were furrowed while looking at Louis half asleep on the table. Her voice was just loud enough over all the sound of the students, filling the big hall during lunch break. Louis hummed.

"Yes, I'm talking to you sleeping beauty." He opened his eyes to a slit, looking through his eyelashes. Both Rose and Juliet were gazing at him, waiting for him to give a sign. Louis just groaned, as he laid down with his head on his arms again, but now on the table. He grunted as some sort of metal stinged against the bridge of his nose.

"What's going on?" He heard the raspy voice of Harry say and he felt him sitting down next to him on the small wooden bench. "Louis is acting strange,' Juliet said in a way Louis knew what facial expression she showed. The one with her eyebrows raised, while shaking her head a little. Louis knew all the gazes were on him, but he was just laying still with his head still covered in his arms on the table.

"Is he asleep?" Harry asked softy so he wouldn't wake him up, as if he forgot they were in a loud school hall.

"No,' Louis murmured against the fabric of his sweater.

"Are you okay?" He asked, even though they both knew Louis wouldn't answer truthfully. He still asked, a part of him hoping he would tell him what's wrong.

Louis sighed, "Jeez, why are you all acting like something's wrong. I'm just tired." He still laid fast on the table.

"Didn't you sleep last night?" Rose asked in her soft voice. To Louis it always sounded like she sang when she talked, because her voice was so smooth and sweet.

"No, so let me sleep now."

They all silenced. Rose, Juliet and Harry looked at each other, not knowing what their next step would be. Harry pointed to the side with his thumb, directing to Louis, then he made some kind of gesture and mouthed 'he's not okay'. Juliet rolled her eyes at that, shaking her head a little, 'I couldn't tell Sherlock Holmes,' she shouted in a whisper.

Harry then laid down on the table the same way Louis did, only facing Louis instead of the table. "Did you have nightmares?" He whispered softly, so only Louis could hear it.

"No,' he whispered back, and he wasn't lying. He couldn't sleep because he came to the realization that he might like Harry a bit. Just a little, but that was too much. He didn't want to like someone again, it would only hurt him in the end. What would be worse is if it was mutual, so he wanted to prevent that. As a solution, Louis figured he could either stop talking to Harry or just don't do stupid things. He went for the second option, since he knew he wouldn't stick to the first one.

"Then why couldn't you sleep?" Harry whispered.

It was quite ironic how Harry asked a question while he himself was the answer. "Stop questioning, you give me a fucking headache,' he rasped, still closing his eyes.

"Could you look at me?" Harry still laid on the table, laying with the side of his face on his arm, so he looked at the side of Louis. He only saw his head covered in his arms, a bit of his ear and a blue beanie covering his hair.

"No."

"Please?"

"Why then,' he said in a monotone voice.

"Because I always talk face to face,' he said as it was obvious.

"I don't want to talk to you."