Chapter 31.

T H I R T Y O N E
-a tricky game-

It was Friday when Louis grabbed his books out of the locker. He only needed his English and Biology books, so luckily he didn't have to carry too much. He closed his locker, and saw Harry standing a few lockers away, casually leaning against the lockers, his eyebrows in a furrow as he looked down reading a book — at least, he flipped through it.

"That's an interesting way to read a book,' Louis stated, leaning against the locker across from Harry, a grin playing his lips.

He looked up by the sudden voice, and sighed when he saw Louis. He held up the book for him to see. "I had to read this for English today, but I didn't have time."

"You didn't have time?" Louis asked in confusion, remembering he didn't even had practice the day before.

"Well, something came in between."

"Is that something Amber?"

He softly nodded. "Yeah." He sounded a little ashamed by it.

Louis rolled his eyes at his answer. "Which book is it?" He eventually asked.

"Pride and Prejudice." He murmured, looking at the front of the book.

"Just remember that Elizabeth Bennet is the daughter of a country gentleman, and Fitzwilliam Darcy is the son of a rich aristocratic landowner. They must overcome the titular sins of pride and prejudice in order to fall in love and marry. That's the most important thing."

Harry closed the book and softly smiled at Louis, tilting his head to the side just a little. "Is there any book you haven't read?"

"I'm still looking for one,' he joked. Harry chuckled at that, shaking his head a little. "I'm going to your game tonight,' Louis said suddenly.

A smile covered Harry's lips, looking at Louis with the dimples in his cheeks. "Really?"

He nodded. "You said it was important, and you were at my match, and I like basketball." He gave the reasons in order from the most valid on.

Harry had closed his locker, and they were walking towards their next class then. "That's great. I like that you're coming. You make me play better."

Louis chuckled softly while shaking his head. "That's weird."

"I mean it."

"Ow, and I'm coming with Scarlett and Dan." Louis confessed.

Harry's face lit up as he looked at Louis, his eyes widened a little, a bright smile on his face. "That's amazing!" He called out, knowing that it was a big step for Louis.

He nodded, and smiled softly. "Yes, I just... I don't know... small steps I guess, right?"

Harry encouraged him with a smile, nodding his head once towards him. "You're doing great."

Louis softly blushed, and he hated that. He hated showing his feelings and he didn't like it when his body did that for him — like flushed cheeks, which he had then. A matter of fact, it hardly happened before. Maybe he was just warm, he wore a big hoodie after all. However, Harry realised it, but he didn't say anything about it, he just smiled. After that, they just walked in comfortable silence.

"Louis!" Someone called during their second break. Louis and Harry just had English class, so they walked together towards the big hall for lunch. Harry would eventually sit with the team, so they would se separate ways in about two halls. They both looked behind them and saw Juliet walking towards them. They both greeted her, but she was quick to say: "Could I borrow Louis?"