Chapter 66.

S I X T Y S I X
-a thunderstorm-

The rain scattered loudly on the windows. It may have been a summer's day, but after two whole weeks of bright sunshine, the clouds came.

"Have you closed the windows yet?" Rose asked, looking outside the high window. She couldn't even see anything, because the water was blocking the view.

"Yeah," Harry spoke, ruffling a hand through his curls when he walked in the bedroom again.

"Just did." Juliet sighed as she let herself fall down to her bed. "Is it going to rain the entire night?"

"Yes, just checked," Harry answered, looking down to his phone, "a thunderstorm will follow." He met eyes with Louis who swallowed nervously. "We could sit downstairs," he suggested.

Rose had her bottom lip in between her teeth as she chuckled. "Is Captain Styles scared of a little thunder?" He scoffed, crossing his arms. He flicked his eyes to Louis, who was blushing slightly by the comment. But he stayed silent. Louis wasn't actually scared of thunder, it just brought back memories— he was scared of them. However, Harry didn't feel like he was the person to out him.

"Thunder is actually a little scary," Harry defended, "it's loud." He sat down next to Juliet on the bed, laying his right foot underneath his left upper leg. "What are you scared of?"

She let herself fall back, looking up at the ceiling. "I've never thought about that," she confessed, "but Zayn scares me." Rose swatted her arm and scoffed as she let herself fall down next to her on the other side. Juliet laughed, but slowly let her smile drop. "I'm scared of the future," she then said softly.

"Which part?" Louis questioned gently, leaning to the wall.

"I'm so happy right now. I'm so content with my life. I have a beautiful girlfriend, the greatest best friends. I love my parents and brother. I'm doing quite alright at school, but... I'm scared to lose all that. After middle school, we'll all go separate ways. I'm terrified." They all stayed silent. It was the type of silence where they were sharing their thoughts, even though they were all in their own head of theirs.

"It is scary, indeed. But it's a good thing you're so happy with everything. We shouldn't worry about what's to come," Harry said, at which Rose nodded.

"I agree with Harry. And we'll always stay by your side." She nudged her arm gently, smiling. Juliet tilted her head to the side, smiling back at Rose.

"Promise me?" She nodded, smiling sweetly.

"I promise."

Then there were knocks on the door. "Come in!" Juliet called, sitting straight up in the bed as she narrowed her eyes, looking at the door. It was Ray. "You're interrupting," she said, sighing dramatically.

"What am I interrupting exactly?" He asked, looking from person to person.

"I was making out with Rose," she answered, "I was sucking her dick."

Ray hit his head to the door, sighing. "You're so weird, seriously."

Juliet smiled, tugging her blonde hair behind her ear. "That's the sweetest thing you've ever said."

Ray flipped her off, but then chuckled. "Anyways, I came to tell you that Samie, George and Jess will stay the night, please don't bother us."

"You just bothered us," she reasoned, raising an eyebrow. Ray nodded thoughtfully. "Aren't George and Jess together too? Is this a double date-sleepover?"

He chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah, kind of, I guess."

"You're finally dating Samie? About time," Harry laughed, shaking his head at Ray.