Chapter 29.

T W E N T Y N I N E
-the debate-

It was the third of January, which meant he had to go to school again after a two weeks break from school. He hadn't seen Juliet since the party, she only called the 26th to tell him she was grounded, which involved that she couldn't see anyone for the rest of the schoolbreak and couldn't use a phone. She didn't even get the chance to tell Louis why she was grounded. She only said she was allowed to make one call for 30 seconds. The rest of the break he spent a lot by himself. Sometimes he was downstairs with Scarlett and Dan, but it still felt kind of unusual.

So he went to school that day and the first thing that happened was Juliet running towards him. "O my god, I haven't seen you in forever!" She said happily.

Louis chuckled, shaking his head playfully. "One week or so."

"Yes, but like, zero contact." She made clear, widening her eyes a little as they walked towards the lockers. "I have so much I need to tell you,' she breathed out, as if she was exhausted.

"Well, start with why you were grounded." He chuckled. He realized he had kind of missed her during the break, she was always nice to talk to.

"Ray said I had been drinking." She sighed.

Louis lowered his eyebrows to a frown. "How did he know?"

"He was at the party too."

Louis huffed, putting his hands in the pockets of his hoodie. "So he just had to tell your mom and dad? What an idiot."

Juliet laughed, nodding her head a little. "Well, it isn't important. Something else is." She grinned playfully.

Louis curiously looked at her. "What is it?"

"Okay, so at the party, Rose and I danced together." A spark in her eyes showed how enthusiastic she was.

Louis still looked at her, waiting for more to come. "So you kissed...?"

"No." She shook her head.

"Umm,' Louis just hummed, questioning.

"I could just feel it okay? We were just standing really close. Like, I could literally feel her breath over my lips, and... You need to hear this: I think she touched my ass. It was probably my waist, but I'd like to think it was my ass."

Louis' lips parted a bit, staying silent for a while, eventually raising his eyebrows a little as he breathed in. "That's quite... a lot of information. But, I'm happy for you... I guess."

Juliet smiled. "Thanks, what's your first subject?"

"Math." Louis said, leaning against the lockers, where Juliet changed some of her books.

She pouted. "Boring, I have to go the other way, I see you at lunch break,' she smiled, and quickly shut her locker, since they were a little late.

At lunch, they sat with the two of them. Rose wasn't there. Juliet questioned where she was, and Louis answered: "I don't know, she might come a little later." But she didn't. Harry didn't come either, he was sitting with the basketball team, but sometimes he did look over to where Louis sat.

Their last period was science. They came into the classroom, and Juliet had to sit with Chris, while Louis walked over to sit with Rose. She smiled softly as they both greeted each other. She was leaned against the wall as always, her left leg pressed against her body, making her white sneaker lean on the chair. She wore skinny jeans with a white top on it, and her nails were painted in a soft green color.