Chapter 28.

T W E N T Y  E I G H T
-take care of yourself-

Harry breathed in sharply through his nose as he woke up the first again. His hand still held Louis' hand and his face still laid in the neck of him. He thought back to yesterday, to Louis' entire story. Everything suddenly made sense. Louis not wanting to make the assignment at his place. Why he acted so weird when Harry suddenly came by and why Louis doesn't want to change in front of someone: he didn't want to show his scars. He figured that. He wondered if anyone knew this story, but he did know one thing: he wasn't actually supposed to know, and Louis wouldn't probably remember what he told him. He was stuck between two things he could do: telling Louis he knew or staying quiet about it. Before he could think clearly, Louis started moving, his movements quickened fast, as he realized his surroundings.

"Fuck, Not again,' he murmured then, as he backed away from Harry, but quickly he grabbed his head with both of his hands. "O my god,' he groaned, squeezing his eyes shut, as he laid still on his back.

Harry grinned softly. "First time experience with alcohol, huh?"

Louis looked at him in annoyance. Harry just stood up from the bed and grabbed a glass of water and a paracetamol, which he had grabbed the day before, since he knew Louis would most likely have a hangover.

"Louis?" Harry asked carefully, after Louis swallowed back the pill.

"What,' Louis said in annoyance, annoyed by the fact he had a hangover and was woken up again next to Harry.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" He sat down on the end of the bed, looking at Louis who sat next to him with quite a distance between them.

Louis sighed, resting the palm of his hand behind him on the bed, so he had something to lean on. "The last thing I remember was-I think-when Juliet tried to get me on the dancefloor." He shrugged slightly, not remembering anything else.

Harry thought about that moment, it was about an hour before he took Louis upstairs. "Louis, don't freak out, okay?"

He crossed his arms, raising his eyebrows a little. "I'll try." He still had a heavy headache and he really hoped it would stop anytime soon.

"You told me some things last night." Harry chose for telling Louis this, since he know he was a terrible liar and Louis would eventually realize he kept something behind.

"Okay?" Louis asked in still slight irritation because he grew impatient.

"You told me about, o my god don't hate me—"

"Fucking tell me." He firmly said in impatience.

"Your mom."

And Louis softened entirely, as he stopped breathing, the air stuck in his throat. "W-what did I exactly tell you?"

"She's above us, looking down for you. And I know your sister is too." Harry had prepared for a fierce outburst of anger, but it didn't come. Louis just stood up, and walked out of the room — without any expression showing on his face, he was just blank. He came past Juliet, who asked him how he was feeling, but he even ignored her. When she came after him, he couldn't take it anymore and ran out of the house. While running over the streets, he didn't even know where to go, he didn't want to go to Scarlett and Dan, he felt absolutely helpless. He just ran, but that was exactly what he needed. Take a breath in the open air. He knew he shouldn't be doing that, but he was just trying to run away from a big mistake he made, as if running away from it would fix it. Running made him feel so free again, but it was only temporary. Soon enough, his muscles already weakened as he saw the world spinning around him. He had broken his most important rule by telling Harry a part of his story, and he hated himself for that, that's one of the main reasons he didn't stop running, it was his punishment. One street became two, and two trees became four. He immediately stopped running but it was already too late. He collapsed right onto the harsh street.