Chapter 70.

Longest chapter I've ever written.... 5463 words :DD buckle up I guess????

I've spent so many lucifers for this picture btw lmao

S E V E N T Y
-A last secret to the moon-

Every person wants to achieve something in their life. Some are looking for love, some are looking for contentment, some for happiness, some for money. Harry was a person looking for love. Juliet was a person looking for freedom. Rose was a person looking for happiness around her. Louis was a person looking for peace and answers. It defines the way a person is.

Even though Louis had never expected to find his peace, along the way he found people who helped him. He was also found by two people who helped him build up a new life. He never felt like he had a purpose living. He didn't find life beautiful anymore, and his muscular disease seemed like a way out. So he could escape it all sooner.

But ever since he met the right people, he didn't want to stop living. Life had begun to be so pretty again. Every day he woke up, he looked forward to seeing the faces he cared for. He also liked that he was cared for. He had started to find his peace.

"So he should come out of the coma because of that drug?" Juliet asked hesitantly, holding her arms crossed around her stomach.

"Not exactly. It will only counteract the one we've been giving him to keep him unconscious. When he'll wake up, is up to him," the doctor spoke with a sympathetic smile—the ambiance still mournful. It was quiet, painfully sharp. The doctor pressed a piece of metal from the syringe into the foil lid of the bottle.

"But he'll wake up, right?" Harry asked silently, wringing the material of his sportswear between his fingertips. The doctor changed his look from Harry to Scarlett and Dan.

"His condition has strongly deteriorated from a month ago." Scarlett had her eyes constantly on Louis, not even bothering looking back at the doctor. She knew the doctor was only dressing up words. What he meant to say was: 'we don't know if he'll wake up, but there's a chance.' Her cheeks were still wet from tears.

When they came down from the tribune to look for Louis and Harry, it was too quiet for after a game. People were standing still instead of celebrating. People were whispering instead of cheering. It wasn't right. They had a feeling of nervousness and uneasiness. When they suddenly heard Harry's voice yelling 'help us!' from the halls, their thoughts were confirmed. Harry was kneeled down next to Louis, crying for help as Juliet and Rose arrived at the same time as them. They immediately called the ambulance.

There was a painful silence when they watched the doctor insert a needle into Louis' IV and then pressed the plunger. He stepped back, then slipped a cap over the metal. "Now it's up to Louis."

All of them had their own way of dealing with it. Dan and Scarlett were at Louis' side, watching him as Scarlett held his hand, rubbing her thumb over his somewhat colder skin. She was whispering sweet things, more reassuring herself. Dan was just gazing at Louis, waiting for him to wake up.

Juliet couldn't even bring herself to look at him. She was held by Rose, who was stroking her back. They were sometimes whispering, sometimes just filling the silence with thoughts.

Harry sat at the window, staring off into space. He was getting more and more worried the more seconds passed. He looked at his phone. 1:23:07,49. It had already been an hour since they injected the clear liquid. After another hour, Harry had turned off his phone. It drove him sick seeing how many minutes had already passed since Louis was still asleep.