Chapter 42.

F O U R T Y  T W O
-creation of a new person-

It was around 7 pm and Louis hadn't gone out of his room since they arrived about an hour earlier. He just felt lost in his feelings and it increased the longer he thought about it. Yes, he was very happy he got to meet his parents, yet he was still so unsure of everything. It was the first time Louis chose to change family's, instead of getting evicted. He never thought he would ever get in this situation, but yet again, he never thought he'd actually meet his own parents. He started smiling without thinking about it, but his smile faded as he saw he was getting called.

He was kind of stressing out then, he had declined her call multiple times already, and he knew she'd get mad. So he just needed to play it cool, right? He answered the call, bringing the phone to his ear, holding in with his right hand. He needed to be careful, so he started off with "Hi—"

"Don't do me like that Louis! No, just no." Louis was caught off guard, biting his bottom lip softly. "I'll FaceTime you right now, like I've been doing for ten times already and you are going to answer me,' she clearly said, before she ended the call. The silence returned again, Louis just froze in spot, his eyes a little widened and his eyebrows a little raised, as he just held the phone still near his ear, without anyone talking.

But then it rang again, and he slowly answered the phone, knowing she'd get even more mad if he didn't answer. So when he did, he walked towards his desk, putting the phone on it, so he didn't have to hold it as the camera was aimed at him. "Well, hello there, boy who vanished out of sudden and declined my call for 4 hours and then I had to hear from Harry he's freaking 3 hours away."

Louis looked at his phone screen, seeing Juliet on it. She wore a big oversized hoodie, as her hair was in a messy bun. "Right, which boy are you talking about?" He tried to play cool, just pretending he didn't know what she was talking about.

Juliet rolled her eyes, crossing her hands over her chest. "Where are you even? Harry said you're at your aunt's."

"I am,' Louis said as truthfully as possible. He nodded with it, his eyebrows rising a little so it looked more sincere.

"Okay, good for you, but when are you coming back?"

Louis softly bit the inside of his cheek. "I don't know,' he murmured.

"What do you mean you don't know?" But then her phone got taken away from her desk. Louis' full phone screen was filled with Rose's complete face. Not seeing anything else but her.

"Are you back before our final debate?! It's in four months. It will decide whether we win this entire thing!"

Louis sighed softly. "I don't know Rose."

"We're a team Louis, you can't leave us." Louis looked down at the white desk, which didn't even have any dust on it, nor a scratch.

"Hey—,' Juliet then suddenly said softly, taking the phone back again, putting it in front of her again on the desk, 'you come back eventually right?"

She looked straight at her screen, making Louis realize she looked straight in his eyes, he just looked away, crossing his arms on the desk as he rubbed his arms softly. "I don't think so." He had to be honest, because he couldn't just give her hope for something that wasn't going to happen. They both stayed quiet.

"Is it that nice at your aunt's then?" She tried to joke, but she only seemed to get sadder.

"I'm sorry Jule. I couldn't say goodbye, I didn't know how." It stayed quiet again, Louis fearing the answer of Juliet.