Chapter 60.

S I X T Y
-heavy waves-

Harry honked the steering wheel three times again, looking out the window of the car. He grinned when he saw Louis stumbling out of the house, having his denim jacket only over his shoulders in hurry as he held it up with a sleeve set between his teeth. He gave an irritated expression towards Harry, who was just snickering to himself inside the car, as Louis was struggling to keep all the books into his hands. Harry leaned over the seat to open the door for him, at which Louis rolled his eyes as he let himself fall down to the passenger seat, having the books on his lap then.

"How kind of you," Louis stated sarcastically, at which Harry smiled.

"Any time." He shrugged it off.

"Now next time, could you stop honking that shit sound every fucking second?"

Harry chuckled, leaning back in the chair as he saw Louis was genuinely irritated. "Maybe you needed to hurry a little more."

Louis' mouth fell open as he looked at the small digital clock inside the car. "You're literally 2 minutes early, that doesn't mean I needed to be early as well," he reasoned.

"I'm just faster, like literally." Louis huffed, crossing his arms.

"I was serious when I told you you need to be more original in your punch lines." He slammed the door shut.

Harry raised an eyebrow, looking at Louis in challenge. "You just can't keep up."

Louis sighed, gazing back at him for a second before fastening his seatbelt. "Would you just drive, that's why you're here right? My uber?"

Harry chuckled, and started the car again. They drove down the open road, but instead of turning to the left, he took the right turn. Louis realized that and confusedly he looked out the window.

"Harry, school is the other way," Louis spoke out loud, turning his head towards him. He just saw a small grin on his lips.

"Short cut," he explained, but when they arrived at a small lake and Harry halted the car right before the sand, Louis shook his head in caution. He looked out the window, and watched the sand drift across the surface in the summer breeze. The sun was shining brightly on the water, making it sparkle.

"I'm serious, we will get in trouble if we don't go to school." Harry chuckled, turning off the engine of the car.

"Since when do you care about trouble? And besides, on Monday you start with history of my dad. Now tell me, would you rather go there?"

Louis rolled his eyes in a huff. "You just don't want me to sit next to Niall again," he reasoned with a grin.

Harry huffed, growled shortly and then opened the car door and stepped out. He shut the door and Louis just watched him walk towards the sand as the wind blew through his hair. He groaned to himself and stamped out the car to follow him. But when he reached the sand, Harry stopped him by grabbing his ankle, being kneeled to the ground.

"There's no way you're walking on sand with shoes on," he said, looking up at him, making the skin of his forehead wrinkle, "that's a crime." He finished untying his shoes and laid them down on the floor tiles. Then he put off his socks and crumbled them into his shoes. "Come on," he smiled, after which Louis hesitantly followed his example.

Before Louis could even have the chance to walk himself onto the sand, Harry grabbed his hand and smilingly led him. Louis quickly looked around him in hesitation, but Harry squeezed his hand softly once. "There's no one here, it's just us," he reassured.