Chapter 40.

F O U R T Y
-don't befriend me-

Louis and Harry hadn't talked in one month. After the talk they had in the park, they just didn't really talk anymore. Harry focussed on the competition of basketball, they were in the last three remaining teams, which meant they could be third, second or even win the competition. Louis and his debating team were in the remaining 20 schools, which was already one of the highest the school had ever gotten. So they were just focussing on that, instead of their friendship. At least, that is what Harry liked to think so. Louis didn't talk to Harry anymore on purpose. When they were talking in the park, Louis realised how much he actually liked Harry. Louis even felt the sparks running through his body when Harry said he felt better around him than he had ever felt with Amber. He even wanted to hold his hand, and that made Louis so happy. And that's what he needed to avoid. Pure happiness. Because that would turn into pure pain. The more he had, the more he could lose.

So he avoided Harry at school, just didn't make eye contact as he walked past him, and every time Harry sat down at their lunch table, Louis just didn't talk to him. Harry realized that, and gave him the space he needed for his debating team, at least he thought that's why Louis didn't talk to him. In the time they didn't talk, Harry only grew to miss Louis around him. He missed the jokes Louis made, and he missed how sassy Louis could be. He missed just talking to him about every little thing and just lay on his bed and look out the window together.

It was lunch break and he sat with Rose and Juliet at their usual spot. Harry didn't come anymore to the table after he realized Louis ignored him. So that Friday it was just the three of them. "Louis? We had a question for you,' Rose started, as Louis sipped his water. "Me and Juliet have been talking about it, and we didn't come to an answer. Who do you think tops between us?"

Louis choked on his water as he quickly put it down, squeezing his eyes shut only to open them a second later to look back and forth between Juliet and Rose. He moved a little in the seat and swallowed, feeling a little uncomfortable."I, erm—"

"Because I think that I would—"

"No,' Louis stopped them shaking his head, with his eyes a little widened, 'you both act like I'm part of your relationship."

Juliet huffed in her laughter, shaking her head, "No we don't."

Louis rested his gaze, then sighing, "First, Juliet, you kissed me to make Rose jealous. Then, you wanted me to kiss Rose and I literally had to show you that you do like Juliet. A week ago, you literally told me every detail of your sleepover! I really didn't need to hear about you two kissing at midnight, with both your shirt off, and I don't know what else—"

"You do know what else, I told you. I only wore a bra and my—"

"Juliet! That is exactly what I mean. I really don't need to know."

Rose shrugged slightly. "Well, when you put it like that."

Louis raised his eyebrows a little, 'so?" He asked waiting for them to give in.

Rose rested her elbows on the table, resting her head on her hands. "Juliet without a shirt is only my view."

"For fuck's sake,' Louis breathed, while Rose and Juliet laughed.

"I'm serious, she looks amazing." Juliet started blushing, holding her bottom lip between her teeth. "You're beautiful." They both smiled, which made Louis groan, and roll his eyes.

"I swear, you two are so in love and it's cute, but irritating."

"Where's your lover then?" Rose asked, turning towards Louis again.