Chapter 45

When The Past And Future Collide (Part 3)

The Chapter starts with y/n's experience the night before the ball. A quick recap on lessons soon become far more that what she expected.

With a encounter that may make or break the night with Kim Seok-Jin; Y/n must decide whether or not she is fully prepared to face him as she so trained to be.

"Ugh..., Jungkook, we've been at this for three and half hours now! Can't we please just call it a night? It's already past 1:00 am and I literally just came off a double shift." I complained; bucking my head back in frustration.

"Not until you get this right. We need at least another hour to go through what we've practice. I want to ensure you have all of this down by tomorrow. I need no mistakes." Jungkook says with a deep level tone; completely fixed on the notes I've written for him to review.

"An hour?! But I have to meet with Sana and Eunji for our group project in the morning! You do understand that I have a lot of work to get done besides all...this, right?" I protest while worrying about the lack of sleep I've had all week.

But without batting an eye; Jungkook stares at me as if he couldn't care less.

"You did agree to help me with this, right?" He questions and I sat there silently in the passenger seat of his car avoiding his gaze.

"...Right." I murmured.

"Then what's the problem? I thought this cat's curiosity was so strong willed that she'd do anything to help a friend."

"W-wait a minute, first of all; we are not friends. And secondly you don't get to pull the whole "curious cat" thing against me. I'm only doing this because of..." I trailed off, not wanting to bring up Tae's name.

"Because of what?"

"Because..., you know what; forget it. Let's just...let's just get this damn thing over with." I stated; feeling annoyed.

However, if I am to be totally honest; I wasn't annoyed at Jungkook at all. Instead, I was annoyed at myself.

There mere fact that I was still going through with this plan for a guy who had completely ghosted me, was absolutely beyond my mental tolerance.

Days past since I last saw Taehyung. Ever since then; I've spent majority of my time with Jungkook. In this close confined space of his car; watching me as I continue to battle with my own emotions; I sat there quietly as he stared while I proceeded to nip at my finger nails; digging at my nails.

"...What's on your mind y/n?" his voice; hoping I'll answer.

"...Nothing." I say; looking before me.