Chapter 43

When The Past And Future Collide (Part 1)

It was like a nightmare.

No...., this was worse. Because...., this was real.

The sound of sirens blaring and Police lights flashing in my retinas left me is a daze of what I just witness.

Who would have thought that a person's past would crash down all in one night like this.

Who would have thought that person would still have this effect on my heart.

They say your past haunts you.

That It's far much worse when you've done something bad

Could this be what Jungkook meant? When he said there was much at stake when it came to Taehyung.

Sitting there with my ears ringing; completely lost in my own memories; my vision catches my angered father in the corner of my eyes.

Taemin shouldn't have called him. This will only be harder to explain.

Watching as the paramedics leave with the stretcher and that persons hand still clinging to my choker; I felt the scratches on my neck burn hotter than before; fueled with hate and resentment.

"Miss? Excuse, Miss?" I see a man waving his hands before my face. "We need to ask you a couple more questions. Would you please come this way?" He says as I sat there motionless for a moment.

"...Have you ever been close to death before, officer?" I ask removing the ice bag from my face as I turn to look at him. "I already told the other detective over there what happened. This isn't something I can easily talk about again."

"I'm sorry Ms. Y/N and we do understand the trauma you must be feeling right now. However, if possible for just a few short minutes; could you please tell us what happened again."

"This is ridiculous!" My father yells from across the room. "I need to take my daughter home now! She's already made a statement. Look at her; she's bleeding for Christ sake!"

"I'm sorry Sir, but we need all the information she can give us."

"At least let me take her to the hospital first! How long will this investigation take before we have someone tend to her wounds?" My dad says standing between the officer and I.

"Dad..." I softly call out to him and he turns to look at me. "...I'm okay. I'll tell the officer what he needs to know."

"Thank you for your cooperation Y/N. Details is important; just tell us when exactly you felt trouble starting to brew." The officer says and I began to fidget with my fingers again.

Like I said; I'll tell him exactly what he needs to know. I didn't say I would tell him everything.

"...Alright. I'll start from there."

___