Chapter 22

Where truth, love and lust collide (Part 6)

Taehyung's POV

"Uh...Good evening everyone, my name is Chorong Park and I'm...I'm Kim Namjoon's fiancé. We've been engaged for a few months now, and I'm very happy to be able to spend his birthday with him. Thank you for loving and supporting my future husband. And I hope this is the first of many I'll celebrate with him as well."

"Wow! Amazing! So, tonight is not only your birthday party but an engagement celebration as well! I couldn't be happier for you my friend and very big Congratulations to you both!"

You idiot...

Namjoon...you stupid idiot.

Watching as this disastrous scenario took place; my vision quickly went in search of Y/N; but she was nowhere to be seen.

I knew Jin had a callous characteristic about him, but this...; this one was going too far. He must have found out about Namjoon and Y/N. He wouldn't have even been up on that stage if he didn't. And again..., if I haven't wrecked the Kim's chances of closing that deal months ago; she wouldn't have gotten hurt in the process.

"Namjoon...is getting married...?" Hyoseung utters; gripping the bottled water in her hand. "...And to Cho-rong Park; the heiress of Korea's third largest shipping company too..., wow." She chuckles. "His father just made bank."

"Drink." I instructed; pointing to her water.

"I don't want any water. Just let me have a small sip of Tequila, please." She begs; and I was in no mood for this type of behavior right now.

Hyoseoung drinks like this every other weekend when her husband is back in town. It's her way of eliminating the reality of being with him. Even though I knew this was a part of my responsibility when I got involved with her; these days I've grown slightly tired of trying my best to heal her.

"I'll be right back." I noted; asking Jungkook to keep an eye on Hyoseong so I could go in search of Y/N.

"No way, I'm not babysitting your mistress."

"Jungkook please..., just for a little bit."

"Then ask them." He bobs his head; directing my gaze towards Jimin, Hoseok and Yoongi who were walking towards us.

"Did you guys see that? Am I the only one who didn't know Namjoon was engaged?" Jimin asks looking between us all.

"He's in an arranged marriage. His parents are pushing it forward; ...it's a little more sooner than we expected though." Yoongi answers resting his glass on the bistro table before us.

"But why announce it now? I don't get it." Jimin states and the other's try to wrap their brain around it.

Then...it hit me. Jin was a complete mastermind. In order for Namjoon's father to agree on such an announcement...there had to be something in it for both of them.

"Heh... of course, Namjoon's father decided to announce it because he knew he'd get other investors on board. The Park family is renowned in Korea. Whatever business that will be linked with them will also flourish. So...

"...His father took this opportunity to go public for his business." Hoseok adds; finishing my sentence. "Wait a second...Isn't that Hyoseung?"

"Heh...yup, she's drunk." Jungkook says and I now see Hyoseong reaching for Yoongi's drink.

Moving his glass from her reach as I push the bottle of water back in her hand; I was now miffed.

"Hyoseong, drink the water." I demanded this time; feeling frustrated by everything.