Chapter 23

Where truth, love and lust collide (Part 7 Last)

Side note if your interested or maybe not lol, its okay. The title of this chapter and most of my fantasizing towards it came from the song named Crave by Madonna and Swae Lee. I'm not a fan of her newest work; love her classics a lot more. But yeah this song got me lol

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy! <3

The night breeze was exceptionally cooling to my face as we made our way home in a taxi. During this ride home in complete silence for what felt like forever; I had no desire to speak.

Viewing building after building which were a short distance from our home; I felt Taehyung's hand rest on my shoulder.

"We're almost there. You alright?" he asks me and with a bob of my head I let him know I was fine.

Don't get me wrong...I truly and sincerely appreciated Taehyung for what he did tonight. However, I was placed back into a position where at any moment; things between us might not turn out as we wanted. It really was like clockwork. We would evidently find ourselves back to each other; trying to mend back a relationship that has barely made any progress. Trying our best in comforting one another but before we could even take a step forward, we end up saying words that ultimately hurt us.

Holy shit...; Jungkook was right. We were like magnets. Each time I was in trouble...Taehyung was there. And like a fool; I cling to him.

I'm not prepared. I'm not prepared to get hurt; especially not after what happened tonight. I put trust in a man that I thought who would never hurt me. I trusted him because he assured me more comfort and a safe space within his arms. How could I have been so stupid? Why did I open up so easily?

Feeling a tinge of burning in my eyes, I felt tears developing once again and I quickly wiped them away.

We were almost at our gating entrance and I knew I had to leave this night without getting closer to Tae. Whatever secrets he might have and whatever he was going through...I wanted no part of. I wanted peace in my life. Jungkook was on his own with this one.

I needed not to be back in this push and pull relationship with him. My heart and mental state couldn't possibly take any more of this emotional rollercoaster of a ride.

"This is your stop." the taxi driver announces, pulling up at our apartment.

Finally I was home; I only wanted to see my bed at this point.

Watching as Taehyung pays the cab driver; he looks at me checking to see if I was still awake.

"Do you mind if I pay you in cash? I left my card upstairs." He mentions; handing the cab driver his money.

And with a heavy sigh; I open the car door; exiting out of the vehicle.

"Keep the change." I hear Taehyung say; quickly leaving the cab to catch up to me. "Y/N! Where are you going? You have no shoes on."

"Were just a few feet away from the entrance. I can walk it barefoot."

"The back of your heels are bruised and your feet are swollen. At least get on my back and let me carry you." He urges; bending down before me.

"Taehyung...stop. I appreciate all that you're doing for me but...you can stop." I voiced and he slowly rises to his feet.

"Y/N...what's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing's wrong. I just...don't need your help anymore. You can stop now. Please... just stop trying to help me all the time. ......It's...it's annoying." I utter, knowing this was the breaking point of mending our broken friendship again.