Chapter 17

Where truth, love, and lust collide 

A/N: Mature content ahead

Namjoon's POV

I watched as rose gold bracelet glint underneath the ceiling lights inside the tiffany blue box. Even though it was initially my birthday, I was rather excited to give this gift to Y/N.

But first things first...I needed to confront an old friend about something rather important.

Walking up the narrow stairway as I'm met with a pillar coated oak door; I knock, only to hear an all too familiar voice answer.

"Come in~" Jin says and I turn the door handle entering the room.

He called this place his 'eyes in the skies'. The one space he was able to see everything and watch everyone in his high end niterie. Jin's large sky deck was the talk of Itaewon. But not only that, it was also the place where he did all his questionable business exchanges.

"There's the birthday boy! Oh, I mean man. Happy Birthday!" He shouts as he walks from his custom built leather chair.

"Jin..." I reply, fully uninterested.

"Oh come on! Don't be like that. What's with the long face? It's your birthday!"

"I know. But I only came up to ask you as to why my party is being hosted here. Mother said it was you're doing? Is this true" I question and he smiles.

"Namjoon..., don't be like this."

"Just answer the question Jin." I prompt and he leisurely walks over to view his multiple LED screens; showing different angles of the WaVe.

"Fine, it was my idea. But only because your mother came to me a few weeks ago and asked if I knew of a nice place to host your party. And me being the very good friend I am; I told her to have it here!"

"But why here?"

"Pft, why not here? A luxurious sky deck looking over Itaewon, a place that can hold more than enough guest and comfortably at that, and also food, drinks and décor on yours truly. Just think of it as a small birthday gift from me, to you." He expresses as he turns to face me.

"You and I both know you only do things for people unless it benefits you Jin. So tell me honestly, what do you get from hosting my party? Are you doing business in the cloak at my celebration? I wonder..., which one are you advertising tonight."

Hearing my revelation; Jin chuckles underneath his breath as he moves towards his mini bar across the room. Grabbing a bottle of Scotch whisky; he pours the expensive Irish malt into his favorite old fashion rocks glass and takes a swing.

"Ahh..., you know what's funny. A year ago you wouldn't have said this. A year ago, you would have come in here and thanked me for the riches you'ed earned. Also..." He drinks again. "Mm, ...you'd probably have some of this with me too. But who am I to judge the choices you have decided to make. However, I do want to make one thing clear; ...your mother came to me and I simply provided a service that she was looking for. As for you, well...this is my place, and if I choose to move forward and continue with business tonight for whatever reason...then why the hell not. But don't worry Namjoon, you know me. I keep my line of work very professional. Your parents won't notice a thing. I mean...they still haven't found out that you once worked with me; right?" He taunted.