Chapter 21

Where truth, love, and lust collide (Part 5)

Taehyung's POV

When will this night end? I groaned internally; listening to story's I've heard before.

Bored....I'm so bored. I'm tired of pretending to be interested in how you traveled to the Oceania regions then to North America just to see New Year's twice. I don't care that you're, so spontaneous that you pick your vacations spots by throwing darts at your world map. And no...I'd rather stay home next week than to board the new yacht your father bought you; only because you just turned 33.

How is it that this is all you care about? It's so funny though; how I use to be excited to hear such things. But I soon realized that this isn't living. I was only draining me out.

"So V; I hear your one of your many talents is that you enjoy painting. Is it true? Would you take a shot at painting me?" A newly interested client asks and I give her an answer pleasing to her needs.

"This is true. I paint whatever comes to mind. And whatever comes...I'll paint. However...I'm no good at painting apparel. But I'll try it just for you."

With a sip of her wine and a lustful stare; I had hooked another client on the line. Number six for the night. Need I go on?

With different forms of conversations, filling my mind with useless information; I smile and nod agreeing with each word they say.

Where the hell is Jimin? He's been MIA since we got here. However, Jungkook seems to be doing fine though. Seem's like he's picked a few as well.

The party continued as it should; and Jin somehow managed to pull his business in play along with it. But as I'm ready to engage conversation with another supposable patron; I am hit with seeing the one person who tends to avoid me.

You're cruel Y/N..., why the hell are you dressed like that tonight? Your hair, always in a ponytail; but now you decided to let it down. I wanted to tell you how you looked beautiful; just to see you smile. However you might just laugh in my face and tell me again how you've grown tired of seeing me again.

Standing there with that laced attire, messing with my self-awareness; it only hurts me more than I'm forbidden to talk to you. But...I want to know; what are you thinking about? You seem to only bite your lips when your thoughts are focused on something. I honestly wish you wouldn't do that in public.

Averting my gaze insisting that I dismiss any form of lewd thoughts; I take a sip of my wine trying to pin back on any information I may have missed during the conversation. Yet, my gaze strayed to her again; but this time she was leaving with Jung-woo, a man who worked for the Kim's.

Of course you would send him for her. Knowing very well I had no choice but to stand there and watch.

.......I'm sorry Namjoon; but I can't let this happen.

"Excuse me for a moment." I announced, leaving my newly listed clients behind.

However, in hopes to catch up with Jung-woo and Y/N; I am stopped by Jin's younger sister; Hyoseong.

"Hey handsome~" She speaks; gently gliding her hand across my back. "I've been looking for you all night."

"Hyoseong..." I pull her hand away; ensuring no one saw this. "Stop, we're in public. Where is husband?"

"Ugh, he left early saying he needed to catch a flight to Tokyo. He'll be back on Monday. Which means...I have you to myself all weekend." She whispers coming closer.