Chapter 4

Taehyung's point of view

On our way to see Jin, I began to think about how my life came to play like this. As much as I am thankful; these past few months has made me feel some form of regret.

I've suddenly felt trapped in a non-existent contract I didn't sign. However looking back on it now; I had no choice. I had already agreed to it. I had to agree to something that would cover my dark past.

Gazing out the car window as Jungkook drove us both to the office, the vehicle came to a halt and I watched pedestrians as they leisurely walk by going about their business. I began to wonder if there could ever be a point of time in my life where I could officially be my true self.

"You're quiet. What's on your mind?" Jungkook asks and I lean back into my seat.

Of course I couldn't tell him the truth. I already knew what he was going to say.

"...Japchae." I muttered.

"J-Japchae?" he chuckles and I slowly turn to look at him. "You want Japchae?"

"Mmm, it's been awhile since we had any. What do you say? Let's get some after we meet Jin."

Looking my way he nods and turns back to the traffic ahead as the light turns green

"Okay, let's do it!" Jungkook spoke putting on his turn signal. "I could use a drink too. I'll buy. How about it?"

"Ah, that sounds good as well." I responded with a smile.

Truthfully Japchae was the furthest thing from my mind. And Jungkook..., well he already knew that. They say a drunk man tells no tales. No wonder he offered to buy me alcohol.

************

Arriving at our destination; we both hopped in the company elevator to see our so called 'manager' and I was less than eager to meet with him.

Kim Seokjin or as many would call him, Jin; was quite successful. At only 27 years old; he was very distinguished for his age. Owning two restaurants and a café that was quite popular in the Itaewon district; he was labeled in Korea's top 10 successful men under the age of 30.

His businesses brought in a lot of renowned clients; some of which which I am all too familiar with while working with him. Clients who've' invested in his company and Jin who invest in their corporations as well.

However, there was one restaurant in particular which attracted a lot of customers. It was actually the main spot Jungkook, Jimin and I worked.

Above the restaurant stood a large sky deck that looked over the city of Seoul; it was by far one of the hottest places In Itaewon and without a doubt one of the most difficult one's to get into. They call it The WaVe.