Chapter 13

"Jen! Jennifer!! Stop walking away while I'm just trying to talk to you!

"What?! What is it now Hyun-gi? I'm tired and it's late."

"...Just tell me honestly; where were you last night? That's all I'm asking."

"Oh my God, here you go again with your questions!? How many times must I tell you; I was out with the girls, we had drinks after work and lost track of time. I'm sorry I came home later than you expected.

"Heh...So you were out with friends? That's your truth?"

"That's exactly what I said. What more do you want from me?"

"I saw you. I saw you Jen! I'm tired of the lies."

"I have no idea what you're talking ab-

"Him! I'm talking about your affair Jen! How long? How long were you on keeping this from me? H-how could you? How could you do this to us... to our family?"

"Our family? You and I both know this is NOT all my fault! You're not innocent either Hyun-gi!"

"Don't be ridiculous. We talked about that! We're past that! All you're trying to do is make me feel guilty for what happened years ago!"

"And as you should be...! I'm still not past it! Look...I can't live like this anymore. You said that you're tired of the lies? Well, I've been lying to myself all these years thinking we could actually live normally. Be honest Hyun-gi...; you never loved me. So why am I even trying? Why am I even here?!"

"Of course I love you! What are you even going on about?"

"Stop, you know very well that's not the love I'm talking about. I don't need your pity love. I know how you feel. How you truly feel...and I want out! I can't keep pretending every day of my life that this will ever be normal. And you keep ignoring me when I try to talk about it. Y/N......that child."

"Jen, enough! The kids are still upstairs."

"You see! You say I have secrets...when you have far more secrets than I do. When I look at that child...I only see..."

"Don't you even dare bring that up! Our children don't belong in this mess of an argument."

"So you plan on not telling them? That child is-

"Those children are mine! And they are yours too! How did we even end up talking about them? This is between you and I Je-

*creak*

"What was that? ..... Taemin? Y/N? We should check on them. All this arguing probably woke them up."

"...I can't. I can't do this. I need some fresh air."

"Jen. Jennifer! Don't you leave. I'm not finished talking to yo-

-SLAM-

____________________

With a sharp breath; I open my eyes seeing the ceiling of my own bedroom. Feeling groggy I shut my eyes once more; trying to analyze why exactly this dream reoccurred again. It honestly wasn't my first time having it. It kept coming back with bits and pieces of my past.

I was absolutely out of it. And what's worse is that it felt like I was coming down with a fever. Reaching for the clock on my night stand; I drew it closer so my vision was able to see how long I've been sleeping for and the time was twelve past noon. I've been asleep for only four hours and I was now annoyed with myself for that.